The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why does everyone hate Booth?

Outsiders

He hasn't looked good at all when he's been in the lineup, he's had one memorable goal during his whole time has a Canuck. This is a typical shift from Booth, skate around away from the play, somehow get the puck, try to skate straight through the whole other team, turnover puck after failed moves, slowly skate to the bench and pray that next shift god will allow him to skate through an entire team.

He hasn't looked good at all when he's been in the lineup, he's had one memorable goal during his whole time has a Canuck. This is a typical shift from Booth, skate around away from the play, somehow get the puck, try to skate straight through the whole other team, turnover puck after failed moves, slowly skate to the bench and pray that next shift god will allow him to skate through an entire team.

Clowe had fewer goals this year than Booth at the deadline and many people here were salivating at the idea of him in a Nucks sweater. Booth was on a serious role prior to his knee injury last season, looked damn good when he returned too. He was also playing with injured Kes and MayRay, so im not gonna judge their chemistry on that short stint. I think Booth would be great with Higgins and Roy on the third.

I'm not the biggest Booth fan, but give the guy the credit he is due.

He has the best underlying numbers on the Canucks by a significant margin.

His corsi is +19.63 (3rd on the club, 4th last year) - this year he was getting only 45.9% offensive zone starts and producing 54.2% finishes - and he was doing that playing without Kesler on makeshift lines.

Booth is far too maligned on these boards - I understand he's not the most popular guy - not a lot of people here relate to his off-ice lifestyle - but he's a better hockey player than is recognized here. He's a guy who goes hard to the net (something folks here are always complaining about a lack of on this club), he's a very strong skater, plays a physical game, and he plays a solid two way game.

His production wasn't very good in his 12 games this year, but then again he was playing for the most part with a shutdown center - Lapierre is simply not going to create a whole lot of scoring chances for Booth.

Booth averages 23 goals a season (82 games) over his career - that was exactly the pace he scored at last year, despite the Kesler injuries and his own knee injury.

To complain about him as much as CDC does over a 12 game sample this season is really just hasty - and an oversimplified judgement of his play.

Don't hate him but don't feel bad for him a bit. He spent the whole lockout chasing beasts and not skating or training. He has the injuries to show his lack of professionalism. Good player I like his game but he isn't dedicated enough and he has only himself to blame. He has a ton to prove sadly I doubt he will be in game shape for the playoffs so it looks like he will have to prove it on another team. Because if I was MG there is no way that I would waste a roster spot on him when he obviously cares more about hunting than hockey.

I would say the majority of people hate him due to his open (not forceful) opinions. I mean, it's not like he's going all Tim Thomas-style putting his own beliefs ahead of his team's image.

People dislike him because he's a devout Christian, kinda like how people bash Tim Tebow for his religion. Of course, it's Christianity, so it's all ok. If someone was to bash Kesler because he's Jewish....

He hunts.... yet somehow people act like it's their own dog that got shot or something. There's probably a few players on the Canucks that probably hunts too, just they don't make it public.

His style of play is a bit frustrating, but only because his style doesn't work well with Kesler's play. He's a LW, but the Sedins prefer someone who plays RW (Burrows being the exception). If he's on the 3rd line, he's a bit overpaid.

I still think he's still a good player and should be given a full season before a decision is made about his role in Vancouver.

Archived