The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sould i quit my hockey team

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well we had 3 games in the ball hockey season soo far and out first game it was a tie 4-4 and i made 39 saves. The second game we lost 7-2 made 49 saves and got blamed for the lass evan though my defense put in 2 in there own net and just yesterday we lost 1-0 and got blamed for making 39 saves and the defense decided to clear it up the middle and there were two guys there and they came in and scored. My save percentage is 3rd in my league and my goals against average are 4.

Every single game i get blamed and get a speech from my defense saying why did you let in that many goals. Well i know we wont make the playoffs shuld i quit. My defence and all right wingers want me too only 3 guys want me to stay they say he is making alot of saves and had atleat 2 robs in a game.

I have a game tommorow in the morning at 8:00 in the moring in langley should i go.My defense said do not come. I really was thinking should i quit but i mean hockey is my paasion i players it since i was 4 and i really dont know what to do my coachs said ingore them but its not helping. Can you guys help me should i quit or not come tommorow or keep playing and keep making saves out their

Firstly, I can imagine you don't feel so great right now. That's normal from being berated, bullied etc. Understand one thing before I give you my views, you are not to blame, hockey is a team sport and as long as you are playing your hardest thats all that matters. On top of that in your tie you had a ton of saves, and in both losses you did and kept it close in 1 of the 2. So the ridiculous comments from your teammates are just that, ridiculous.

Now my views:

1. Do not quit because of the actions of some idiots. Then they win. They are the losers not you and don't ever allow them to ruin things for you. Easier said than done I know, but each game block them out. Go out there a try to compete for yourself, your teammates that support you and show you are bigger than them.

2. Hockey is a team sport, and clearly your critical teammates have alot to learn about being leaders, teammates and sportsman. Again, you don't.

3. If its unbearable sure maybe you should but I ask this, have you gone out with the attitude of I am going to show them? Or have you gone out with the attitude of maybe they are right? Go out with the first focus. We all know when we've played poorly and lost, and we all know when we've played well and still lost. We all play good some nights, and bad some others. Its part of sports. So just focus on playing your best every night and remember its about competing. If you're competing thats all that matters.

4. In the end it needs to be fun as well. If it is ruining the game for you, ask to be moved to a team that appreciates your efforts, since hockey is a great sport, and this type of situation shouldnt ruin that for you!

There are alot of people who are cheering for ya kid! One over here!

Archived