The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How beneficial is line juggling to team thats on a win streak?

CanuckleHorse

This year AV juggled his lines when on a winning streak 3 times each time his team looked out of sync confused and made a lot of mistakes. So why would he not go back to what was working instead he seems to get stubborn like he wants to prove that he could win with the lineup. AV never ever plays the lines that make sense instead he would throw a RW on LW and vice versa also use wingers for centers and centers on wing. AV makes me sick when i see his face it angers me if he stays after this season as much as i love the Canucks i gotta let go!

With respect I think anyone would have difficulty proving the logic in that approach.

I am into a lot of sports, especially team sports and know no other coach/team that would totally destroy chemistry and team formation (especially when winning) on the off chance they get the exact injuries they were planning for............FFS, that is the logic of the loony.

Players have optimum positions and optimum playing partners. In effect he is handicapping this team in conditions that hardly ever compare with Playoff conditions anyway. Chemistry, winning mentality, and high tempo are what takes a team to victory. AV, by his constant chopping and changing is in danger of ruining all three.

I still give Gillis a pass to a certain point. He is responsible for the players and crap contracts he's signed players to. It can be debated how ever that AV has misused the assets provided him buy Gillis. AV has won a lot of games and won nothing in the end. AV is the weak link.

Gillis' biggest mistake as GM in the big picture could be keeping AV on after the previous regime. In the big picture AV has stopped Gillis from putting his ultimate GM's stamp on this club.

I know you live in the reality as do I,that this present Canucks team is going no where in the play offs. Sure they want to win, we want them to have that ultimate success too, but after watching this club for 40 plus years I know where reality falls and it's not on this years club.

In my mind it's either over whelming success or ultimate disaster that would satisfy me in this lock out season. For me I let things go long ago when both players and owners were squabbling, I haven't forgotten. I would wish for a play off miss but that's not going to happen. Anything to rid this club of AV. Gillis gets one more year with out the albatross behind the bench.

As I see it this club has nothing to move forward. Still not tough enough. Sedins are great but their leadership has become mute!

Archived