The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN Canucks vs DET Red Wings - 04/20/13

Strombone1

If the Canucks are going to win tomorrow night they will need to play the best game they've played all year as Detroit is fighting for a playoff spot.

4-1 Canucks ---> Whoever's in net shuts the door

Daniel

Raymond

Burrows

Kassian

Filpulla

GET THAT PLAYOFF SPOT CLINCHED! GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

"After the other night in Calgary someone told me that Howard said, 'That's on me,' '' Babcock said after Friday's practice. "That's not on him, but that's what leadership is. It's on us, that's on coaches, that's on the D, that's on forwards, that's on everybody.''

Love this quote from Babcock. Now THAT is accountability by a coach on himself and on his entire team. Compare it to the excuses about injuries (boo hoo we don't have Bieksa and Tanev) or the "I thought we played real well but did not get the result" we hear after they play 55 minutes of a game like they have somewhere more important to be.

Quotes like the above one make me wonder if Gillis and AV are really this much in denial about this team's lack of urgency and accountability.

I've got a bad feeling about this one....looks like another Canucks loss..I watched the last game DET played against CAL...not a good game by the Wings at all.They are fighting for a playoff spot,and looking to redeem themselves from their sloppy last outing...Canucks have yet another desperate team on their hands.

Despite our losing record against the Wings this season,I think we could beat them in a playoff round.

"After the other night in Calgary someone told me that Howard said, 'That's on me,' '' Babcock said after Friday's practice. "That's not on him, but that's what leadership is. It's on us, that's on coaches, that's on the D, that's on forwards, that's on everybody.''

Love this quote from Babcock. Now THAT is accountability by a coach on himself and on his entire team. Compare it to the excuses about injuries (boo hoo we don't have Bieksa and Tanev) or the "I thought we played real well but did not get the result" we hear after they play 55 minutes of a game like they have somewhere more important to be.

Quotes like the above one make me wonder if Gillis and AV are really this much in denial about this team's lack of urgency and accountability.

I hope the Canucks come out and play a full 60 min game where at no point does it look like they have "checked out". I'm tired if seeing a low intensity lackadaisical effort from this team. At the end of the day the win is great, but I would rather see a team play great and end up with a tough loss rather than a team that plays like crap and only wins because of luck or their goalie.

Archived