971 replies to this topic

#61 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

This may be my first and only post this season. I have to admit that I've paid less attention this year than previous years. I think it has to do with the lockout... idk.

As a LONG time Canucks fan from Ohio, it would be great if we could win tonight and keep Columbus in the playoff hunt. They're sitting in 8th and almost everyone has a game in hand.

Every year I'm a little less into the NHL, not sure why, maybe the terrible reffing and boring games.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#62 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

Good luck boys you'll need.

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#63 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

This may be my first and only post this season. I have to admit that I've paid less attention this year than previous years. I think it has to do with the lockout... idk.

As a LONG time Canucks fan from Ohio, it would be great if we could win tonight and keep Columbus in the playoff hunt. They're sitting in 8th and almost everyone has a game in hand.

Yeah, do it for Columbus, I'm down with that.

Edited by Gman, 20 April 2013 - 02:00 PM.

Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#64 KamikazeWatermelon

KamikazeWatermelon

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Awesome GDT!

All I need is a win. Please?

GO CANUCKS GO! :towel:
Posted Image
Credits to uɐpɹoɾ

#65 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Need a win tonight boys!!!

GO CANUCKS :towel:

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

8_9_18.gifRIP PAT QUINN

#66 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Wow man
hockey...................

Canucks win, a lot to not much.....

Cool

What?
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#67 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

3-1 canucks..
Posted Image

#68 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

Schneider better get the damn win, or i probably lose my pool..

He should also get the win and start getting hot for the playoffs.

Posted Image

#69 RWMc1

RWMc1

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Extended shifts = less energetic shifts. It also throws off the rythym of the team. Certain players need to play for the team and not for themselves.

Canucks win 4-3.

Go Canucks Go!!!!

Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Champions 2014/15 So let it be written, So let it be done!

My Cup Runneth. Go get it and bring it here!

Cupquester "Who are those horrible little men?"

#70 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Scratch that Higgy not playing :(

Hopes to play Monday vs CHI
Posted Image

#71 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,597 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

The Wings will be desperate. This should be an exciting game.

#72 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,663 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks
All hands on deck for #Canucks skate, including Higgins, who is nearing a return. http://bit.ly/13CK8aX

Higgins "not quite right"

It was all hands on deck for the Canucks' morning skate in advance of Saturday's tilt against the Red Wings as all currently healthy players took part in the session along with forward Chris Higgins, who has missed the last five games with a knee injury.

Higgins took line rushes alongside Derek Roy and Jannik Hansen but while it looked, for a while at least, like he would be getting back into the lineup tonight that won't be the case.

"I'm not going to play tonight but I'm definitely close," said Higgins following the morning session. "I had optimism, at least, but it didn't feel quite right."

The news of Higgins not being able to go came as a somewhat surprise to Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault who, after having Higgins essentially penciled into the lineup, will now have to make some adjustments before his team hits the ice again tonight.

"I met Chris yesterday [after] he had just had a real good practice and seemed like he was going to be able to go," said Vigneault. "Today was a little different so we're going to take a little bit more time here and decide this afternoon what we're going to do with our lines."

Higgins did indicate he hopes to be back for the final three games of the regular season.

60 minutes needed

The Canucks have been out-scored by a combined 13-5 through two games in the season series against the Red Wings but it hasn't been a case where Detroit has completely dominated. At least that's what the Canucks feel.

Rather, the players on Vancouver's side will tell you it's been their inability to put in a complete effort from buzzer-to-buzzer that has been their downfall against Detroit this season.

"We've got to play for 60 minutes," said Canucks captain Henrik Sedin. "I think if you look at the two games there we weren't sharp for 10-15 minutes and they killed us.

"That's been the problem for us in the last couple of weeks too when we've lost games is that we haven't played a full 60-minute effort."

Another reason the Canucks have struggled mightily against the Red Wings this season is they've simply given too much time and space for the Red Wings to work their magic – something they know needs to change tonight.

"They have the skill and creativity and they work hard," said netminder Cory Schneider, who will get his first start in the season series tonight. "I think we've been giving them some extra room to manoeuvre and operate and to make those skilled plays so I think we just have to be a little tighter on them and not give them so much room to work."

Win and in...or at least a point taken

If earning a measure of revenge against the Red Wings wasn't enough of a motivating factor for the Canucks tonight, how about the fact that a win would clinch them a playoff spot?

Actually, the Canucks only need a single point out of tonight's game in order to officially secure their spot in the post-season but that doesn't mean they're going to be playing for a regulation draw.

"We play every game to win and tonight's going to be no different," said Coach V. "We're going to meet a very desperate opponent. We need a win to get in and they need a win to stay in so it should be a classic Detroit-Vancouver game."

Nothing else new on the injury front

Coach Vigneault had no significant updates on the injuries to blue-liners Kevin Bieksa and Chris Tanev except to indicate both are still day-to-day.

He wouldn't comment on whether either of them would be ready for the start of the playoffs.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#73 MrCanuck94

MrCanuck94

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Looks like Schneids is starting by Lu's tweet (very funny tweet at that).

Kinda seems like management is going against their word of starting the goalie that's getting them the wins or whatever, but nonetheless we have 2 great goalies hopefully Schneids can bounce back!

Go Nucks

#74 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Hopefully Luongo gets the start

did you not read the gtd??? Do you really want to start Luongo against the Red Wings? What a terrible idea. They know how to score on him inside out.

No way the Canucks win this one with the way they've been playing. Just keeping it real.

The Redwings havent been that good either. Just keeping it real also. Them falling to 9th, is because they are struggling a little.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#75 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,967 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Stephen Walkom #24 and Brad Watson #23 are the refs tonight
Thor Nelson #80 and Brad Lazarowich #86 work the lines.

Bring on the home calls!

aXmDa9t.gif

#76 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

I can't believe AV is going with that third line again...The only difference now I guess is that he can get his match-ups, which may or may not help. That line got lit up by the likes of Garbutt, so I don't think they'll match-up very well against the wings third line.

We're gonna need our special teams to be on their game, and Schneider to stand tall, and we'll have a shot.

Edited by DeNiro, 20 April 2013 - 01:49 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#77 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

I'm glad Schnieder is starting and I hope the team plays up to it's ability. We should see a 60 minute effort tonight. After last game we have to come out strong.

Go Nucks! 3-2?

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#78 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Same lines....sheesh ....why practice with promising lines then revert to what isn't working.... Use roy as a center FFS.... Isn't that why we got him?

#79 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hmmm, AV and a player disagree about the player being able to go, player must have a massive attitude...
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#80 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Looks like Schneids is starting by Lu's tweet (very funny tweet at that).

Kinda seems like management is going against their word of starting the goalie that's getting them the wins or whatever, but nonetheless we have 2 great goalies hopefully Schneids can bounce back!

Go Nucks

I believe that starting Schneider is to get Detroit thinking. After Lou's last 2 games vs Detroit it would be safe to say they probably think they own him. Schneider gives the Canucks a different look and gets their shooters thinking.

#81 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Sorry but I didn't think we brought in a centre to play with our 2nd line centre. The 2nd and 3rd lines suck....FFS

Detroit 5-1
Kevin.jpg

#82 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

5-2 wings. Canucks roll over and die once again.

qrak1x.jpg

#83 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Vigneault is proving once again why he should be shown the door. The lines he is putting out are all screwed up.

And putting Cam Barker in the line up? Really? That guy is useless. At least give Joslin a chance or call up Vandermeer.

What a mess.
Posted Image

#84 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

This should be a tough game against a determined Detroit team but I think having a day of rest at home the Canucks will play much better. Will be close.

#85 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

6-1 Detroit

AV's insane line combinations and Barker still being the lineup=blowout

Hope they prove me wrong
Posted Image

#86 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

For all the guys saying the lines are effed it's also AV's way of saying I need fracking good players to play in the top 6, not 85 3rd line players.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#87 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

anyword on the official line-up???

I don't even know why TSN bother posting icechips, they are 90% wrong. They contradict themselves.

F Chris Higgins will not play on Saturday but hopes to play on Monday. Steven Pinizzotto will now play on fourth line. G Cory Schneider gets the start. - TSN

Projected Lines vs. Red Wings

Forwards:
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Roy - Hansen
Ebbett - Lapierre - Weise

#88 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Only AV would play Ebbett over Schroeder

#89 LJ ^_^

LJ ^_^

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Good job on the gdt :)

Don't care what the score is just want a win.

#90 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

For all the guys saying the lines are effed it's also AV's way of saying I need fracking good players to play in the top 6, not 85 3rd line players.

Ok well then it's AV, MG or both that are the problem. The two need to get on the same page or someone needs to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.