The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts so far on Derek Roy.

Outsiders

He has been a great addition in my mind to the Canucks .It allows us to do so much more with him in the lineup. He can play on the 2nd line or 3rd line but can also play on the power play and penalty kill. He is a great well rounded player. He is a great help to us so we don't have to play Kesler and the Sedins more.He also looked good in the shootout the other night but hit the post. Thoughts everyone?

He has played great so far.. Making good plays in both zones, creating a lot of scoring chances, and seems to have good chemistry with everyone he plays with.

Hopefully he'll be able to keep it going and put up some good points in the playoffs

I like him.

Very skilled, sees the ice well, excellent passes. Hopefully there is enough time for him to perfectly adjust to our style of play.

Concerns

• not sure how "Western-Playoffs-tough" he is, especially if/when we play LAK or STL

• not playing on a stable line pre-Playoffs, due to circumstances

Good player, the only player besides the Sedins that can command the game with his vision and skill.

Definitely a great move. Also pk's and is good defensively. Good two way player and a proven playoff performer.

Whatever happens in the summer I'm glad that Roy is a Canuck right now.

So far in the last 8 games since the deadline he has done well to adapt to a new team's system. The chances are there with the chemistry he is creating with his line-mates, but you know he can offer more to the table. It was a good deadline acquisition to fill a need, but it will be an even better deal if he comes up big in the playoffs and re-signs.

I like him and he's been a great addition to this team.

One thing I have noticed is that he plays a bit soft and I'm worried to see how he plays against tough and big team teams in like playoffs. I hope I'm wrong and he rips it up!

Also I don't want him on the wing with Kes because that leaves Ebbett as our 3rd line centre and that just doesn't cut it. He'll likely get moved down when Higgy is back so I hope that's sooner rather than later.

Good acquisition for the time being, it'll be a great acquisition if he re-signs. Schroeder could learn lots from him.

Our pk has gone beast mode since he's arrived. I love that he's been able to contribute in ways beyond just his offensive capabilities like that.

I'd like to see him on a line with Booth if that ever becomes possible.

Good acquisition for the time being, it'll be a great acquisition if he re-signs. Schroeder could learn lots from him.

Our pk has gone beast mode since he's arrived. I love that he's been able to contribute in ways beyond just his offensive capabilities like that.

I'd like to see him on a line with Booth if that ever becomes possible.

Archived