The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts so far on Derek Roy.

Outsiders

Good acquisition for the time being, it'll be a great acquisition if he re-signs. Schroeder could learn lots from him.

Our pk has gone beast mode since he's arrived. I love that he's been able to contribute in ways beyond just his offensive capabilities like that.

I'd like to see him on a line with Booth if that ever becomes possible.

I think he's adapted quite well considering the circumstances. I think Schroeder can learn from him as a post above said. I'd like to see him here in October and find some permanent chemistry with his teammates.

I like him and he's been a great addition to this team.

One thing I have noticed is that he plays a bit soft and I'm worried to see how he plays against tough and big team teams in like playoffs. I hope I'm wrong and he rips it up!

Also I don't want him on the wing with Kes because that leaves Ebbett as our 3rd line centre and that just doesn't cut it. He'll likely get moved down when Higgy is back so I hope that's sooner rather than later.

Is it just me or have I seen this thread before?...

EDIT: oh that's right, it was the 20 some odd threads I listed in the Roy thread yesterday.

/topic/343524-who-are-going-to-get-rid-of-in-order-to/page__p__11315453#entry11315453">http://forum.canucks...3#entry11315453

EDIT2: no, that's not it, it's that the same OP posted the same thread using the exact same title after Roy's first game with us.

/topic/342926-thoughts-so-far-on-derek-roy/">http://forum.canucks.com/topic/342926-thoughts-so-far-on-derek-roy/

I think he's been good, but I'd like to see more finish on some of his plays. His point production is pretty off from his time with the Sabres & Dallas, but he's adjusting.

I like him, but I don't want to see him get that much more money than he's already getting, if he gets a raise at all. I don't think he's earned a raise just yet. As of now he's a rental, & I'll reserve my judgement until I see him in the playoffs. A rental who doesn't help come playoffs & wants big $$$ or walks as a free agent is worth bupkis.

I like him and he's been a great addition to this team.

One thing I have noticed is that he plays a bit soft and I'm worried to see how he plays against tough and big team teams in like playoffs. I hope I'm wrong and he rips it up!

Also I don't want him on the wing with Kes because that leaves Ebbett as our 3rd line centre and that just doesn't cut it. He'll likely get moved down when Higgy is back so I hope that's sooner rather than later.

Archived