The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts so far on Derek Roy.

Outsiders

I don't doubt his abilities..............He is too small for this team. (jeez I've mentioned the elephant in the room, just before playoffs)

For the past 2 years I have been touting names like Clowe, Ryan, Jagr, Matthias, Lecavalier.........consistent size with skill. MG forgets one and remembers the other.

I'll reserve judgement until we come up against teams trying to kick the crap out of us in best of 7s.

Yeah I'd be down with that but what about Higgins?

Roy and Higgins have chemistry so I would just leave those two together.

Ideal lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Raymond-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Roy-Kassian

Weise-Lappy-Pinnizotto (Booth when healthy)

I don't doubt his abilities..............He is too small for this team. (jeez I've mentioned the elephant in the room, just before playoffs)

For the past 2 years I have been touting names like Clowe, Ryan, Jagr, Matthias, Lecavalier.........consistent size with skill. MG forgets one and remembers the other.

I'll reserve judgement until we come up against teams trying to kick the crap out of us in best of 7s.

Another CDC'er who thinks Gillis can simply snap his fingers and get all the players he wants.

You do remember when he tried to sign Backes to an offer sheet, right? You do understand that Gillis knows that we need size and skill, right?

Clowe didn't want to come to Vancouver. Gillis gave the Sharks an offer.

Ryan still hasn't been traded yet and the Ducks have plenty of cap space, so that's irrelevant.

Jagr is big, but isn't a gritty player, so I'm not sure where you were going with this.

Gillis has tried to nab Matthias out of Florida, but Florida isn't willing to part with him. If they were, the Luongo deal would most likely have already been made.

Lecavalier and his monster cap-hit would not fit into this team's salary-structure. We're trying to trade Lu's albatross contract so you want another one? A larger one in fact? How do you go and explain to the rest of the players who have taken pay cuts on this team that you're bringing in a guy who has a $7.727m cap-hit?

Archived