Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canuckbeliever

Bieksa issues [May not be ready before playoffs]

85 posts in this topic

I don't know why they didn't sit him sooner... seemed like he was playing injured for a while..

Found this interesting. Tweeted Thomas Drance who is the editor of Canucks Army and pretty informed on his Canucks stuff. After he tweeted this

Thomas Drance@ThomasDrance 4m

If Bieksa is out for game 1 of the playoffs, and it sounds like he will be, expect Garrison + Hamhuis to play 30 minutes a game... #Canucks

My response

Juice hasnt looked the same for a while now even when he is playing. Think he may have been hiding an injury?

Thomas Drance@ThomasDrance 2m

@rum0r1 hiding in plain sight. He's had a nagging groin issue all season.

So there is the major injury thats got him off his game. Could be huge problem heading into playoffs as groin injuries dont exactly just go away

Found this interesting. Tweeted Thomas Drance who is the editor of Canucks Army and pretty informed on his Canucks stuff. After he tweeted this

Thomas Drance@ThomasDrance 4m

If Bieksa is out for game 1 of the playoffs, and it sounds like he will be, expect Garrison + Hamhuis to play 30 minutes a game... #Canucks

My response

Juice hasnt looked the same for a while now even when he is playing. Think he may have been hiding an injury?

Thomas Drance@ThomasDrance 2m

@rum0r1 hiding in plain sight. He's had a nagging groin issue all season.

So there is the major injury thats got him off his game. Could be huge problem heading into playoffs as groin injuries dont exactly just go away

Lets hope we are vs Minny in the 1st round, even though it's pretty obvious it's St.Louis

What's wrong with management always letting players play through injuries. We were going to make the playoffs either way, they should have rested him a long time ago and let him heal up.

I personally find management's inconsistency regarding the reporting of injuries frustrating.

We are the fans, the supporters, the diehards. Tell us like it is. No more about face.

PS - if it is indeed a groin-issue, what's AV going to do? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he swear on his daughters that it wasn't. Dilemma...

Lets hope we are vs Minny in the 1st round, even though it's pretty obvious it's St.Louis

I personally find management's inconsistency regarding the reporting of injuries frustrating.

We are the fans, the supporters, the diehards. Tell us like it is. No more about face.

PS - if it is indeed a groin-issue, what's AV going to do? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he swear on his daughters that it wasn't. Dilemma...

It's not always about letting the fans know everything. If one of our players was injured and playing in the playoffs, do you think they're going to broadcast everything to the public so that other teams can target their injury? Not likely.

AV said last year that Daniel would be ready for the start of the playoffs and we all know how that turned out.

I have a feeling he's just being cautious, but you never know.

While Bieksa is out of the lineup why not try vandermeer, I am not suggesting hes a saviour but while bieksa is out of the lineup it wouldnt hurt to replace him with some grit. See if he can fill in 6th d minutes come playoff time or if we are getting pushed around we have some guys that will push back

Some here were calling for MG to cash one of our left D, a LW, Lou, whomever for another decent RHD ever since the pre-season.

We're still a few fries, specifically a RHD and a decent RW, short of a Happy Meal for the play off's even with Roy.

Guess I'll just cheer my hardest & hope it helps...

So our 2 RHD are missing and noone knows when they are coming back. Let's pray our goalies stand on their heads

Remember when they said Booth was 'day to day' and then he had surgery and was out for the season?

30 mins a game for Hamhuis and Garrison will only last so long. I wonder if Corrado could do a 'Tanev' this year :shock:

Kevin means so much to this team. I just hope and pray that we can make it to the second round and then we will have Booth back aswell I believe. Man I hope we can get healthy!