84 replies to this topic

#1 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

@sportsnetmurph: AV says #canucks Kevin Bieksa and Chris Tanev both day to day. Doesn't know Bieksa will be ready before playoffs.

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer 1m
If AV doesn't know if Bieksa will be ready for playoffs, then I'd say describing him as day to day is something of a stretch. #Canucks

Weird how things have changed in last 24 hrs. Gillis on 1040 said yesterday he expected him back this weekend or early next week. Maybe something got tweaked or pain flared up. I know I am assuming at this point but it is weird how things have changed in past 24 hrs.

Edited by canuckbeliever, 20 April 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#2 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

I don't know why they didn't sit him sooner... seemed like he was playing injured for a while..

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

just what we need

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#4 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Found this interesting. Tweeted Thomas Drance who is the editor of Canucks Army and pretty informed on his Canucks stuff. After he tweeted this

Thomas Drance@ThomasDrance 4m
If Bieksa is out for game 1 of the playoffs, and it sounds like he will be, expect Garrison + Hamhuis to play 30 minutes a game... #Canucks

My response

Juice hasnt looked the same for a while now even when he is playing. Think he may have been hiding an injury?

Thomas Drance@ThomasDrance 2m
@rum0r1 hiding in plain sight. He's had a nagging groin issue all season.

So there is the major injury thats got him off his game. Could be huge problem heading into playoffs as groin injuries dont exactly just go away

Edited by canuckbeliever, 20 April 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#5 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Found this interesting. Tweeted Thomas Drance who is the editor of Canucks Army and pretty informed on his Canucks stuff. After he tweeted this

Thomas Drance@ThomasDrance 4m
If Bieksa is out for game 1 of the playoffs, and it sounds like he will be, expect Garrison + Hamhuis to play 30 minutes a game... #Canucks

My response

Juice hasnt looked the same for a while now even when he is playing. Think he may have been hiding an injury?

Thomas Drance@ThomasDrance 2m
@rum0r1 hiding in plain sight. He's had a nagging groin issue all season.

So there is the major injury thats got him off his game. Could be huge problem heading into playoffs as groin injuries dont exactly just go away

What's wrong with management always letting players play through injuries. We were going to make the playoffs either way, they should have rested him a long time ago and let him heal up.

Posted Image

#6 canuckrelevantname

canuckrelevantname

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

POPULAR

I personally find management's inconsistency regarding the reporting of injuries frustrating.

We are the fans, the supporters, the diehards. Tell us like it is. No more about face.

PS - if it is indeed a groin-issue, what's AV going to do? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he swear on his daughters that it wasn't. Dilemma...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Lets hope we are vs Minny in the 1st round, even though it's pretty obvious it's St.Louis

#8 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

What's wrong with management always letting players play through injuries. We were going to make the playoffs either way, they should have rested him a long time ago and let him heal up.

I feel management likes to give veteran players the chance to make decisions for themselves, He had a two week stint where he did not play and probably felt good enough to get back in the lineup and hopefully play himself to health. obviously it didn't work and this is hopefully just a well needed resting period to allow him to be as close to 100% as he can be come playoffs.

I'd rather have a 90% okay Bieksa than a 100% Barker though..
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#9 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

I personally find management's inconsistency regarding the reporting of injuries frustrating.

We are the fans, the supporters, the diehards. Tell us like it is. No more about face.

PS - if it is indeed a groin-issue, what's AV going to do? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he swear on his daughters that it wasn't. Dilemma...

Yeah he did and I agree.

Posted Image

#10 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,999 posts

Lets hope we are vs Minny in the 1st round, even though it's pretty obvious it's St.Louis

With how STL has been playing it could be any of Stl, LA, SJ, or Minny really.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#11 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

It's not always about letting the fans know everything. If one of our players was injured and playing in the playoffs, do you think they're going to broadcast everything to the public so that other teams can target their injury? Not likely.

#12 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

It's not always about letting the fans know everything. If one of our players was injured and playing in the playoffs, do you think they're going to broadcast everything to the public so that other teams can target their injury? Not likely.

How's someone gonna target a groin haha.

Edited by TheGame., 20 April 2013 - 11:55 AM.

Posted Image

#13 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Sphincter

• Members
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

AV said last year that Daniel would be ready for the start of the playoffs and we all know how that turned out.

I have a feeling he's just being cautious, but you never know.
Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#14 Big Filthy

Big Filthy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

While Bieksa is out of the lineup why not try vandermeer, I am not suggesting hes a saviour but while bieksa is out of the lineup it wouldnt hurt to replace him with some grit. See if he can fill in 6th d minutes come playoff time or if we are getting pushed around we have some guys that will push back

#15 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

Most of it has to do with the fact you don't let other teams know you have injured players playing...

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#16 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Some here were calling for MG to cash one of our left D, a LW, Lou, whomever for another decent RHD ever since the pre-season.

We're still a few fries, specifically a RHD and a decent RW, short of a Happy Meal for the play off's even with Roy.

Guess I'll just cheer my hardest & hope it helps...

#17 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

So our 2 RHD are missing and noone knows when they are coming back. Let's pray our goalies stand on their heads

#18 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

Remember when they said Booth was 'day to day' and then he had surgery and was out for the season?

30 mins a game for Hamhuis and Garrison will only last so long. I wonder if Corrado could do a 'Tanev' this year :shock:

#19 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,268 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Alain Vigneault is not a reliable source. Lock diz thread.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#20 Drew1

Drew1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Kevin means so much to this team. I just hope and pray that we can make it to the second round and then we will have Booth back aswell I believe. Man I hope we can get healthy!

#21 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

errrrrr, no its not. They don't want to disclose to much at this point of the season, because they don't want our soon to be playoff opponent to know what are the injury status of our players. Minnesota is doing the exact same thing with Ryan Suter. A good NHL team will do this.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#22 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Remember when they said Booth was 'day to day' and then he had surgery and was out for the season?

30 mins a game for Hamhuis and Garrison will only last so long. I wonder if Corrado could do a 'Tanev' this year :shock:

I don't know why Hamhuis and Garrison shouldn't be playing 30 min a night in the playoffs. Every top dman on the best teams plays 30 a night, so should Hamhuis? Personally I like the idea of our most reliable d pairing playing half the game. It means limited ice for the barkers, ballards and Alberts'. Sounds good to me.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#23 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

F*** VANCOUVER MANAGEMENT. STOP RIDING INJURED PLAYERS.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#24 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,881 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

I feel like they haven't learned anything with injuries. AV is the type of coach that throws his players right back into tough minutes as soon as they're medically cleared.

And all that does is make sure the player is only able to play at 70% the whole season because they're never fully healed.

A groin injury is not something you just play through. If not healed properly, it will nag a player all season.

Even with Tanev after he got hit and twisted his ankle, they let him play the rest of the game. What's the point? They probably made his injury even worse by doing that. I feel like this team is way too short-sighted when it comes to these things. Winning now doesn't matter if it hurts our chances to win when it matters.

Edited by DeNiro, 20 April 2013 - 01:45 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#25 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

any injuries to any of our major players = 1st round exit, unless Schneider stands on his own

#26 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

last year daniel got injured and this year tanev and bieksa ..now I wonder how av will adjust his lineup from previous experience..

remember last year after we got knocked out of playoffs and Av said something along those line like if medical department told

properly about danny's situation he could have adjust lineup differently.. So now he knows bieksa won't be in the lineup for possible

first 2 games I wonder how he will adjust the lineup. I don't won't him to make any excuse like we didnt have healthy team. I hope kevin speedy recovery we will definitely miss him.
Posted Image

#27 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

I'd love to see Garrison + Hamhuis play 30 minutes a game. Those two I believe can shut down anybody.

Posted Image

#28 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Watch Bieksa miss first round then AV say he wasn't prepared.

Posted Image

#29 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

I'd love to see Garrison + Hamhuis play 30 minutes a game. Those two I believe can shut down anybody.

I really wouldnt. Garrison is inconsistent and its easy to forget that when watching his current ride of awesomeness. Current Garrison has been great but early season Garrison was terrible and if that shows up in the playoffs then we got serious issues which will only be magnified if hes playing 30 mins a night

#30 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Jason Botchford has been adamant on Twitter that he expects Booth to be back by the second round Botch is right with majority of his stuff and I wouldnt expect anything different here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.