84 replies to this topic

#61 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,154 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

So basically Canucks coaches rode Bieksa hard with an injury so we won some meaningless regular season games - now he's injured and might not start the playoffs.

Good one guys. Before tonight we were 1-5-3 without Bieksa in the lineup (the win against Detroit barely counts as a win in my books). If Kevin Bieksa isn't in our starting lineup for Game 1 of the playoffs, this defence is going to get shredded apart and the Canucks are done in 4 or 5. Doesn't matter who's in net and how well they play, if we get continue to get out-shot and out-chanced 2-1 against non-playoff teams, what chance do we have against the big boys of the league?

The Canucks have faced injuries to forwards all season long and dealt with them admirably by playing solid defence. Now we have injuries to defencemen and we can't play a solid stay-at-home style. AV is trying to open it up and let the forwards carry the game, but that's leaving our AHL defencemen like Ballard, Barker and Alberts vulnerable.
Posted Image

#62 Kesheniel

Kesheniel

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:45 AM

I feel like they haven't learned anything with injuries. AV is the type of coach that throws his players right back into tough minutes as soon as they're medically cleared.

And all that does is make sure the player is only able to play at 70% the whole season because they're never fully healed.

A groin injury is not something you just play through. If not healed properly, it will nag a player all season.

Even with Tanev after he got hit and twisted his ankle, they let him play the rest of the game. What's the point? They probably made his injury even worse by doing that. I feel like this team is way too short-sighted when it comes to these things. Winning now doesn't matter if it hurts our chances to win when it matters.

Typical of Canucks fans to use this situation as another reason to crap on AV. When Kesler came back AV reduced his minutes to 15:30-16:30 with no special teams (except one PP, I think) for a few games till he was in game shape. AV has no control over Bieksa saying he is feeling good and ready to play. Bieksa even said he felt good in an interview after the game... (After he had come back from the groin injury). As for Tanev, Tanev playing the rest of the game was 100% on the medical staff clearing him to play, not on AV. It's not like the medical staff said "he isnt fit to play" and AV went against that and played him... I swear half the people on this forum are so blinded by their hatred for X and Y person that every single post is laden with fallacious and bias thought.

Edited by Kesheniel, 21 April 2013 - 01:46 AM.

#63 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,382 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

So basically Canucks coaches rode Bieksa hard with an injury so we won some meaningless regular season games - now he's injured and might not start the playoffs.

Good one guys. Before tonight we were 1-5-3 without Bieksa in the lineup (the win against Detroit barely counts as a win in my books). If Kevin Bieksa isn't in our starting lineup for Game 1 of the playoffs, this defence is going to get shredded apart and the Canucks are done in 4 or 5. Doesn't matter who's in net and how well they play, if we get continue to get out-shot and out-chanced 2-1 against non-playoff teams, what chance do we have against the big boys of the league?

The Canucks have faced injuries to forwards all season long and dealt with them admirably by playing solid defence. Now we have injuries to defencemen and we can't play a solid stay-at-home style. AV is trying to open it up and let the forwards carry the game, but that's leaving our AHL defencemen like Ballard, Barker and Alberts vulnerable.

1. The Canucks have played crap defence all year long. Now sure where you get the idea they compensated for the forward injuries by playing solid D. That is just patently false. The term "solid stay at home defence" should not be associated with this team at all this season other than a few games here and there. I think the term you are looking for there is stellar goaltending from either a guy named Schneider or a guy named Luongo. THAT is the only reason this defence has looked good defensively at all this season.

2. Alberts played 24 minutes tonight and did not look out of place. Barker hits the net and has good offensive instincts. Ballard has been a 30-40 point player in the NHL. None of these three guys is AHL quality. They are not superstars by any means but they are all reasonably solid NHL level players who each bring different advantages to the team.

#64 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

Do we know for a fact that it's the groin injury or are you speculating?

#65 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

PS - if it is indeed a groin-issue, what's AV going to do? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he swear on his daughters that it wasn't. Dilemma...

Which one? ALL!?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bc0mG5omTo

Edited by gushybear, 21 April 2013 - 04:09 AM.

July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#66 JamesB

JamesB

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

I feel like they haven't learned anything with injuries. AV is the type of coach that throws his players right back into tough minutes as soon as they're medically cleared.

And all that does is make sure the player is only able to play at 70% the whole season because they're never fully healed.

A groin injury is not something you just play through. If not healed properly, it will nag a player all season.

Even with Tanev after he got hit and twisted his ankle, they let him play the rest of the game. What's the point? They probably made his injury even worse by doing that. I feel like this team is way too short-sighted when it comes to these things. Winning now doesn't matter if it hurts our chances to win when it matters.

Good point. I am getting tired of AV's "tough guy" attitude toward injuries. Playing a guy is who is injured often makes the injury worse.

Yesterday with Higgins it was the same thing, with AV saying maybe he would play last night and Higgins saying "no way".

#67 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

What really caused Bieksa's groin injury :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#68 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

Never understand why they kept playing kB when he was clearly hurt... I saw a few big hits after he came from injury, and I was like now he would be out a few more games for sure

#69 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Well, frack.

:sadno:

RIP LB RR PD

#70 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

OK, so we know Bieksa's been playing with a groin injury going back early in the season. But we are terrible without Bieksa, if he'd stayed out much longer who knows, we could have missed the playoffs. Now we have some time here to let him rest up. Same deal with Tanev, he was playing through whatever was wrong with him for at least a few games, because we need him and Bieksa, they are our most important players because the blueline is weak on that side. I think that except for Booth, the guys who are out are out for rest and maintenance pre-playoffs, not because they absolutely cannot play, if these games were more important they'd be in there.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#71 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,087 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

So our 2 RHD are missing and noone knows when they are coming back. Let's pray our goalies stand on their heads

Ohh, this is gonna get nasty.

Any news on other players like Higgins? Booth is probably round 2 i suppose...

Edited by Monteeun, 21 April 2013 - 10:58 PM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#72 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

dont worry guys!

I just came back from the Canucks dressing room and Kevin's groin has never felt better!
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#73 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,087 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

dont worry guys!

I just came back from the Canucks dressing room and Kevin's groin has never felt better!

What did you do to his groin?

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#74 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

#75 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

What did you do to his groin?

Set it in place with his humerus.

#76 lmm

lmm

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

Typical of Canucks fans to use this situation as another reason to crap on AV. When Kesler came back AV reduced his minutes to 15:30-16:30 with no special teams (except one PP, I think) for a few games till he was in game shape. AV has no control over Bieksa saying he is feeling good and ready to play. Bieksa even said he felt good in an interview after the game... (After he had come back from the groin injury). As for Tanev, Tanev playing the rest of the game was 100% on the medical staff clearing him to play, not on AV. It's not like the medical staff said "he isnt fit to play" and AV went against that and played him... I swear half the people on this forum are so blinded by their hatred for X and Y person that every single post is laden with fallacious and bias thought.

it true there is a lot of blindness on this forum, but mostly it is blind love for AV and GMMG. People who eat up and regurgitate their every word as gospel.
This issue of playing injured is the culture that AV has brought to the team.
He has said many times that he listens to his players about when they are ready, however, he called out Hodgson and he called out Kesler, ( 1 rookie and 1 vet) so what is his real message to his players ?

#77 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Wow the logic for hate on these boards is quite strong. I'm pretty much indifferent to AV, don't hate him but don't like him. But to blame him because an injured player who says he's ready to play after being cleared by the medical staff is somehow his fault as well? If I came to work with a sore muscle and told my boss I was fine to work and somehow got injured, should I blame my boss? Hell no. It's up to the players who know their pain the best to decide if they should slot back in the line up.

I mean what do you expect AV to get a medical license so he can access his players after the medical staff says they are cleared to play and the player themselves say they are ready to go? Half the players in the NHL are playing injured right now.

#78 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,881 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

it true there is a lot of blindness on this forum, but mostly it is blind love for AV and GMMG. People who eat up and regurgitate their every word as gospel.
This issue of playing injured is the culture that AV has brought to the team.
He has said many times that he listens to his players about when they are ready, however, he called out Hodgson and he called out Kesler, ( 1 rookie and 1 vet) so what is his real message to his players ?

All he said about Hodgson was, "Sounds like he's making excuses". Understandable when you consider all through camp Hodgson said his back was fine and throughout preseason he said the same thing, that his back wasn't bothering him. Then as soon as he gets reassigned to junior he goes, "Oh my back". For 6 weeks of the kid kept saying his back was fine. Cody lied about his back to try and make the team. Now what would you think at that point? The kid is either a liar or he was making an excuse for being cut. Actually it was both I suppose.
Posted Image

#79 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,796 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

While Bieksa is out of the lineup why not try vandermeer, I am not suggesting hes a saviour but while bieksa is out of the lineup it wouldnt hurt to replace him with some grit. See if he can fill in 6th d minutes come playoff time or if we are getting pushed around we have some guys that will push back

Why not try Corrado, a guy who can actually play and may have a future here?

#80 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

lol green men.

#81 Bertuzzipunch

Bertuzzipunch

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Ben Kuzma@benkuzma4m

Encouraging. Bieksa (lower body) on ice for pre-practice session. #canucks

Posted Image

#82 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

So now that we know the injury is a hip flexor, could the AV haters drop the idea that he was forcing Kevin to play through a groin injury?

If he's skating again, that is really a good sign.

"Hip flexor injuries are broken into three categories. First degree strains are minor tears to the muscle or tendon and can be recovered from quickly. Second degree strains are partial tears and will require up to a few weeks of rest, followed by rehabilitation. Third degree strains are complete tears that require more significant rest and physical therapy. Third degree strains are rare."

Read more: What Is a Hip Flexor Injury? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/...l#ixzz2RJfXjFWM

#83 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0uQjvfkpGw

lol Okay.... :bored:

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#84 combover

combover

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

100% AV
hodgson complains about a bad back av's response he fine and he should suck it up later has back surgery and misses the better part of the next season.
kesler this season AV he looks good he should be back right now but its up to him. recovering from offseason shoulder and wrist surgery
juice down with groin injury comes back to early get sidelined again.comes back again and once again is sidelined.

some blame must fall on the players but lot goes to the coaching staff and incompetence of the trianing and medical staff to correctly identify issues. its been a problem under AV since he came in.
my warn status is for calling it like i saw it with Dave the donut Nonis. apparently the owners agreed

#85 bobo

bobo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Av's dad is the doctor in the family. AV shouldn't give up his day job.

Edited by bobo, 23 April 2013 - 02:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.