The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Becoming a lawyer.....Wetcoaster?

I think you have that backwards. There are undoubtedly unethical lawyers, but they would be largely in the minority.

I personally know about a dozen lawyers and none of them match the sterotypical "sleazy" lawyer that seems to be such a prevalent part of public perception.

Over my years on this board, I have taken a few good natured digs at Wetcoaster, but always with tongue firmly planted in cheek. IMHO, the vast majority of lawyers are good people.

Many reasons there is high drop put rate in the profession in the fist five years after call. A lot of people cannot handle the pressure. Some thrive on it.

Me I loved it and but for my medical issues i would happily be doing the job today.

I have nothing against most lawyers. A lot of them deal with the technical stuff that us average folk have no clue about. I think it's the defense lawyers that most people are talking about when they say they hate them or think all lawyers are unethical.

Personally I did a happy dance when one of OJ Simpson's lawyers bit the dust awhile back. Johnny Cochrane knew his client was a murderer (as all OJ's lawyers did) but was just doing his job in letting OJ get away with murder. Now he's dead. Rot in Hell Johnny :)

Let me think about that...

Thinking...

Thinking...

Thinking...

Thinking...

Thinking...

Thinking...

Thinking...

Thinking...

Nope, I will continue posting as I have for the past number of years. I do not spam.

If you believe that how I post violates the Board Rules, then feel free to report my posting style. Otherwise keep your unsolicited advice on how I should post to yourself.

You have not had your knuckles rapped often enough by the Mods for this sort of thing in the past?

I have nothing against most lawyers. A lot of them deal with the technical stuff that us average folk have no clue about. I think it's the defense lawyers that most people are talking about when they say they hate them or think all lawyers are unethical.

Personally I did a happy dance when one of OJ Simpson's lawyers bit the dust awhile back. Johnny Cochrane knew his client was a murderer (as all OJ's lawyers did) but was just doing his job in letting OJ get away with murder. Now he's dead. Rot in Hell Johnny :)

Archived