The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Becoming a lawyer.....Wetcoaster?

The only lawyers I know of who have any of those qualities are also those who have been accused of sharp practice, or have been fined/reprimanded/disbarred.

Stop thinking that the portrayal of fictional lawyers on American television is the reality here in Canada, because it's not.

Tell that to the poor shmucks that have been injured in an auto accident and dealt with ICBC's lawyers. How bout Worksafe B.C? There is many more unethical lawyers than ethical. The more they make the more corrupt they are. When a lawyer is involved, someone always suffers.

Tell that to the poor shmucks that have been injured in an auto accident and dealt with ICBC's lawyers. How bout Worksafe B.C? There is many more unethical lawyers than ethical. The more they make the more corrupt they are. When a lawyer is involved, someone always suffers.

Yes it does. Unethical careers are simply unethical. Most of societies woes are directly linked to lawyers defending unethical corporations, unethical politicians,and unethical financial institutions. The list goes on and on. So yes, it does matter.

I'm an applicant this cycle too and TC I would first say that it is an error to believe majoring in Political Science will help your son get into law school easier. Law schools accept virtually any degree, including mathematics (coincidentally math majors who write the LSAT achieve the average highest LSAT scores). What's most important is for your son to be taking a program he enjoys, would be willing to work hard, and consequently get the best grades. Will poli-sci prepare him for legal studies? Maybe, but that's completely a moot point if he hates the program and does not get the grades necessary to be a competitive applicant in the first place.

Archived