The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Red Wings 1-2 Canucks

JE14

He had to be a top 6 player on our team to make it.

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Sammuelsson

Bolded had just come off career seasons.

So where does he fit there? The answer is nowhere.

And he didn't fit on the third line either, since we brought in Manny and Torres specifically to change the dynamic of the line to add more grit.

So he wouldn't make the team, He had no place on the team. He would have been waived and picked up.

Also don't forget he came into camp out of shape in Florida and was waived. So that being the case, no way he would have made our team had he done the same here.

In a sentence, I am officially predicting that the Vancouver Canucks will MISS the playoffs in 2013.

Here's why:

-Goaltending fiasco. Don't care about PC responses from the players or the GM, this will be a major distraction that will have an adverse effect on team morale. Awkward locker room. Poor allocation of cap dollars. I've said for a long time that the Canucks really missed the boat by not trading Schneider for something that could've seriously helped up in a Cup run last year, and it will for a long time be a regret of ours, IMO. Whatever we get for Luongo will be unexciting and we'll still have a relatively unproven goalie backstopping an alleged "team built to win now". Not a good combination.

-Complacency. Why didn't anybody go to Europe? Practicing with the UBC team is hardly an adequate preparation for the season. Makes me think that this bunch has largely lost their hunger. A 5-game post-season exit last year adds credence to this thought. By not going to Europe/Russia, the message in essence is that they'd rather stay in their posh Vancouver homes than be bothered to go try and compete to help stay sharp. Not a good sign. Of course, this doesn't include everybody, but the vast majority of the team chose to not play hockey in the downtime. I expect it to cost them.

-Calgary has gotten better. Added good scoring depth in Hudler, and late-season acquisition Cammalleri. Got rid of Jokinen, which is addition by subtraction. Got a proven PP QB in Wideman. Most importantly, a new coach. Would not surprise me at all to see the Flames win the division, somewhat like the Canucks did in '06-'07, out of nowhere and under AV's rookie year behind the bench.

-Edmonton has gotten better. Justin Schultz is going to be a star. I like the Fistric acquisition a lot. Dubnyk was very good at the Spengler Cup. Heavy momentum going into the year. Key guys are already in mid-season form.

-Minnesota has gotten better. Granlund, Parise, & Suter should all have an immediate and material impact.

David Booth's injury announcement yesterday just makes me more confident that this is one of those years where essentially everything's going to go wrong for the Canucks. the Jason Garrison signing is also one that I was/am vehemently against. Don't expect it to turn out good. Sami Salo's presence on the back end will be sorely missed.

And no, I am not "hating", so please don't suggest that I am. This is an opinion of mine that I am fully entitled to. Feel free to debate and/or include your own prediction.

/topic/338398-the-tide-has-turned-in-vancouver-a-prediction/#entry11065503">http://forum.canucks.../#entry11065503 of the BS

Out of shape

Didn't want to be here

Didn't fit on the team

haha. if you keep repeating these things they still are not true

We gave away Two young players on pace for 30 goals in a full season while paying 5 million for roy, 4 mill for booth and relying on a bunch of ahl players. Gillis has mismanaged the talent on this team and it is a far worse team than it should be skill wise. for the $$$$$ and for the future PERIOD.

FYI.. we don't need grit on the 3rd line.. we didn't lose in the playoffs any year because of lack of grit. .we lost because we didn't score. This year will be no different unless our goalies stand on their heads and we win 1-0 all the time. It didn't have to be this way.

Out of shape

Didn't want to be here

Didn't fit on the team

We gave away Two young players on pace for 30 goals in a full season while paying 5 million for roy, 4 mill for booth and relying on a bunch of ahl players. Gillis has mismanaged the talent on this team and it is a far worse team than it should be skill wise. for the $$$$$ and for the future PERIOD.

FYI.. we don't need grit on the 3rd line.. we didn't lose in the playoffs any year because of lack of grit. .we lost because we didn't score. This year will be no different unless our goalies stand on their heads and we win 1-0 all the time. It didn't have to be this way.

Congrats to Canucks for playoff berth.

But this game, and the few previous have been ugly. I documented in the GDT how the Canucks underlying #'s (mainly puck possession #'s) are cratering this month. There are 3 freekin games left. Sinking underlying #'s, ugly play going into the playoffs, goalies stealing each game is the exact recipe we saw last season. Not interested in seeing the same result.

Not to worry...Captain Hank says this was the best game they've played in weeks. That sure gives me confidence heading into the playoffs...I mean, if you can amass 14 shots per game, 4 of them at even strength, you're giving yourself a pretty good chance of winning, right?!!

Out of shape

Didn't want to be here

Didn't fit on the team

and Detroit has mostly rookies on their D and is without Bertuzzi and Helm.

What we have is not far off what we will have in the playoffs and it doesn't look anywhere good enough to compete.

I actually hate how Gillis and AV are constantly referring to their hardships and injuries. Every team has had them and many far worse than ours. When the team leaders are sucking, how can you blame it on the support cast? It makes the oprganization look stupid and soft.

Not to worry...Captain Hank says this was the best game they've played in weeks. That sure gives me confidence heading into the playoffs...I mean, if you can amass 14 shots per game, 4 of them at even strength, you're giving yourself a pretty good chance of winning, right?!!

<_< Meh happy for them to clinch but not an great performance overall, still some bad miscues on defense, PP still needs to work, Ginger looks ready but that is really about it....Kes needs to step up some more, Wonder if AV will do some tinkering in these last games....but still a lot of work needed...

don't expect them to make it past the first round. hoping they will at least make it seven games....

Archived