The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian will step-up in the playoffs.

The Secret

I know he's been upsetting to watch during the season but mark my words he will step up come PO's. He will have one thing told to him before game 1, "play your role, and you know what it is." (Being a bully and protecting the team) I don't know why he hasn't been playing this way throughout the season, it could be because of our injuries and the team needed him to play a role he wasn't brought in for, or maybe AV wanting him to focus more on other parts of his game. Honestly I'm not too sure about that part, however I do know that he will be told his role and he will play that role. He has no choice realistically, either he does it, or he'll get benched and again informed of his duties. He could be the reason we turn around and get hot.

Go CANUCKS! Believe in Blue.

I know he's been upsetting to watch during the season but mark my words he will step up come PO's. He will have one thing told to him before game 1, "play your role, and you know what it is." (Being a bully and protecting the team) I don't know why he hasn't been playing this way throughout the season, it could be because of our injuries and the team needed him to play a role he wasn't brought in for, or maybe AV wanting him to focus more on other parts of his game. Honestly I'm not too sure about that part, however I do know that he will be told his role and he will play that role. He has no choice realistically, either he does it, or he'll get benched and again informed of his duties. He could be the reason we turn around and get hot.

Go CANUCKS! Believe in Blue.

What's the upsetting part?

He's a rookie that has held his own as a young two way power forward. If he continues to play as he has, he will be fine - and it's not really Kassian who needs to step up in the playoffs.

His underlying numbers are fine. He's shown that he possesses all the potential that was hoped of him.

Good finish given the opportunity, good vision, good passer, good skater, good discipline, stands up for his team-mates, makes few mistakes, backchecks and plays responsible hockey, solid physical player who picks his spots, good attitude and work ethic. What's the problem?

I think he can too, the added intensity could do him very well if he can buy in.

Everyone steps up there game in the playoffs and plays with high focus, and that style plays right into his wheelhouse (in terms of how he plays and what he brings to the table)

I don't expect him to carry us, or be a saviour or anything but I think he will bring a positive impact, and a bigger one than he is bringing right now.

Best case scenario: Kassian holds the fort on the second line until David Booth is ready to return. He drops down to the fourth line with Maxim Lapierre and Dale Weise. Booth is able to play the same way he was playing before he was injured, except he's a little more lucky and is able to score on the chances.

This player is a KID! He needs to learn the game at the NHL level which takes time. Trial and error folks. How many of us respond to a new enviroment and are instantly successful in whatever position we are put into? This is a year for learning. He will be good just be a little patient. He hasn't even had a full training camp. As for the playoffs I believe he is built for this type of game. Harder hitting, more emotional, gritty type hockey. He will do some good things out there, and he will make mistakes just like any human being/hockey player. Everyone is so hard on this guy to be instantly amazing. We have so many other players on this team whom haven't been playing the right way night in, and night out either. We should be harder on the Vets as opposed to the rookies IMO. He will find his full stride in time.. But if you all expect this KID to be the saviour for this team right now than I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment..

Party all the time,party all the time,party all the time.

Come on.You guys are dreaming in technicolor.

Kassian does his best and sticks up for his mates but he is an NHL third liner that one year ago could not hold a fourth line position.

Sure,he will step it up,as will every other NHL player with a pulse.

Not really worried about Kassian. He'll play his role but won't be the game changer some hope.

I'm more concerned about the MIA Sedin brothers. If they don't elevate their compete level in the playoffs,this team is toast in 4. To hear Hank describe tonight's 15 shot performance as one of the best games they have played in weeks, is disconcertingto say the least and if that is what he is telling his fellow players, it is no wonder we are not seeing improvement.

Kass is young and if he is overwhelmed and doesn't perform to expectations in teh playoffs, he can be forgiven. The Sedins are running out of chances and need to show the leaership this team needs to up their compete level.

This player is a KID! He needs to learn the game at the NHL level which takes time. Trial and error folks. How many of us respond to a new enviroment and are instantly successful in whatever position we are put into? This is a year for learning. He will be good just be a little patient. He hasn't even had a full training camp. As for the playoffs I believe he is built for this type of game. Harder hitting, more emotional, gritty type hockey. He will do some good things out there, and he will make mistakes just like any human being/hockey player. Everyone is so hard on this guy to be instantly amazing. We have so many other players on this team whom haven't been playing the right way night in, and night out either. We should be harder on the Vets as opposed to the rookies IMO. He will find his full stride in time.. But if you all expect this KID to be the saviour for this team right now than I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment..

Archived