The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian will step-up in the playoffs.

The Secret

Well, for players who have proven year after year that they can step up their game in the playoffs (Lapierre for example) I would agree.

But if we are talking about Kassian I don't think that's a good enough reason to assume that he will step up. Everyone here last year was talking about how we were "saving energy" and going to step up in the playoffs because "it's the playoffs" were proven wrong when the Canucks got defeated in the first round.

That being said, I hope Kassian does step up in the playoffs

Everytime I see him with the Sedins he just stands infront of the net, I think Sedins just aim for his stick while he stands there. Not trying to bash but I wanna see him play with Roy and Higgins.

Kassian is built to be more effective in the playoffs. He'll be determined to finish his checks out there, and in a 7-game series, that won't be fun for any opposing team. He's a Canadian kid, and he knows the importance of the post-season.

if Kassian AKA "Doug Glatt" could play with the heart and passion of Lappy there would not be a problem. If Lappy had the size of Kassian my word look out. To think he is a top 6 man on this team is a joke. Can we trade Zack for Matt Kassian? If we could have kept, Tanner Glass, Raffi or Volpatti we would not need Kassian.

I feel Kassian will pick it up. He has the tools and make-up for the NHL playoffs. This is why Gillis targeted him. Like a few others have posted, he is still figuring things out. When he does figure it all out, we will have a monster!

Because why would they risk it now, in virtually meaningless games? All they had to do was get in the playoffs, they didn't have to crash in.

Not flip a switch....save the extra for when it's needed. I do believe they've learned something from the past when they've given it 110% PRIOR to the playoffs, only to acquire injuries and be depleted before the duration. I think the mentality is "just do what's necessary" then give it all you've got - when it counts.

Does that not make sense?

Archived