The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Movement) Canucks call up Frank Corrado

Pears

Earliest we can do the mass call up is next Saturday, following the game against the Oilers. I would expect to see at least one alternate for every position/role we have. In terms of call ups I believe that will be:

Forwards:

Schroeder

Sweatt

Lain

Archibald

Jensen

Gordon

Defense:

Vandermeer

Corrado

Andersson

I also think we'll give Gaunce a shout whenever his team finishes their playoff run - which could be the Memorial Cup.

They're not going to bring up Kellan Lain, Peter Andersson, Darren Archibald, or Brendan Gaunce. They don't bring players up for craps and giggles. Only players that can play at the NHL level and contribute will be called up.

I don't think it's arguable at all when you look at the players they've brought in in the past.

Say in 2011 for example, Eddie Lack, Sergei Shirokov, Chris Tanev, Aaron Volpatti, and Alexandre Bolduc. Passed over: Jordan Schroeder, Bill Sweatt, Kevin Connauton, Adam Polsaek, Yann Sauve, Ryan Parent, Mario Bliznak, Darren Archibald.

It is a game and fans enjoy winning.The coaching staff and management retain their jobs and careers when they win.

Some fans don't like watching Ebbett.and some fans THINK he doesn't bring anything.

Some fans like watching Schroeder and they THINK he has potential to bring some thing.

Fixed.

I don't think it's arguable at all when you look at the players they've brought in in the past.

Say in 2011 for example, Eddie Lack, Sergei Shirokov, Chris Tanev, Aaron Volpatti, and Alexandre Bolduc. Passed over: Jordan Schroeder, Bill Sweatt, Kevin Connauton, Adam Polsaek, Yann Sauve, Ryan Parent, Mario Bliznak, Darren Archibald.

Really? You haven't learned your lesson that AHL points mean nothing?

If you wanna look at AHL stats, at least get them right. Ebbett had 32 points in 37 games, not 35.

And Schroeder has put up 10 points in his last 9 games since returning to the AHL, and has only gone two games without registering a point. That's consistency. Something Ebbett has never had.

Ebbett provides nothing to our third line. At least that line was a threat when Schroeder was on it.

Not as much as the Wolves losing last night to Milwaukee and being officially ruled out of making the playoffs.

And the Scott Deadly guy is just a good friend of his, not his agent, from what I understand. It sounds like the Canucks called him last night so he could have everything ready in case they do bring him up this morning.

We'll see a few call ups now that the Wolves aren't going to the postseason though. Our affiliation with them is done after tonight's game (last AHL regular season game for the Wolves this year) so perhaps they bring them up then, although there's no reason to keep our prospects down there when they haven't been a big part of the lineup anyway. Once roster concerns are no longer an issue, we'll see a bunch come up to get the NHL experience. The rest can start their summer.

I like this move.

However I would also keep Barker in the line up. Reason being if we are only giving Corrado a taste then I don't like the idea of Barker being benched when he so obviously needs games to get him up to speed. PLAY THEM BOTH.

Guest Dasein

So any word on if he's coming up or not?

No official word or confirmation since saying that he'll find out this morning whether or not he'll be called up.

Archived