The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Movement) Canucks call up Frank Corrado

Pears

If we need him to contribute to go anywhere in the post season, then I think that says a lot for our post season chances. We are talking about a kid who just turned 20 and couldn't even make the world junior team this year and you expect him to contribute against MEN and not kids, who happen to be bigger, stronger and better than anything he's ever come closed to facing. Not sure I'd set my expectations too high. Realistically, if ends up in the lineup come playoff time, then we're in some real trouble. Just can't see the kid being ready for that kind of competition at this stage of his career.

There was a point during the 2011 season when more than half of the blueliners on the roster were injured.

Hamhius, Edler, Bieksa, Ballard, Alberts (and Sweatt) were all injured at the same time.

They still managed to go 6 and 6 through their roughest stretch that season.

The Canucks used a dozen blueliners that season.

This year hasn't been all the different - although the injuries have been to the second line and the right side of the blueline...

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Corrado

Albers - Joslin

Put Corrado with our best pure defensive defenseman to help ease the pressure off of him in case he makes a mistake. Edler and Garrison together so Edler can play his game knowing that our best defenseman overall by a long shot is there to cover his mistakes, and Alberts because he's solid... Joslin because he can't be worse than Barker.

How does the whole roster thing work now.

Can the Canucks send a guy down to open up a roster spot even though the Wolves are done?

Can they fly all the guys they want to be around the team for the playoffs here to Vancouver now or do the guys have to physically stay away until the roster limit thing changes for the playoffs?

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Corrado

Albers - Joslin

Put Corrado with our best pure defensive defenseman to help ease the pressure off of him in case he makes a mistake. Edler and Garrison together so Edler can play his game knowing that our best defenseman overall by a long shot is there to cover his mistakes, and Alberts because he's solid... Joslin because he can't be worse than Barker.

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Corrado

Albers - Joslin

Barker was solid last game, as Bodee, says, you're in for a surprise with Joslin.

If Barker sits i would say Vandermeer should be the replacement , at least Jimmy adds that psycho we so desperately need.

Frankie Corrado couldnt even make the Canadian Junior Team this year, he's not ready and won't be for a couple years.

Barker was solid last game, as Bodee, says, you're in for a surprise with Joslin.

If Barker sits i would say Vandermeer should be the replacement , at least Jimmy adds that psycho we so desperately need.

Frankie Corrado couldnt even make the Canadian Junior Team this year, he's not ready and won't be for a couple years.

Archived