The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Perhaps Lu vs Chicago?

Nuxfanabroad

Is it a good idea? He usually plays them well. Give Schneids a good rest, after a difficult week. Also a stiff test for Roberto, even if the Hawks sit some guys.

Any other lineup suggestions for last few games? I'd hope Schneids vs Ana(decide later for Edm).

Should we rest any other fwds. Just give Higgy 1 or 2 games prior to PO's? Finally, do we base roster strategy on how Minny does(they have an easy game tom, but face LA on Tues)?

Is it a good idea? He usually plays them well. Give Schneids a good rest, after a difficult week. Also a stiff test for Roberto, even if the Hawks sit some guys.

Any other lineup suggestions for last few games? I'd hope Schneids vs Ana(decide later for Edm).

Should we rest any other fwds. Just give Higgy 1 or 2 games prior to PO's? Finally, do we base roster strategy on how Minny does(they have an easy game tom, but face LA on Tues)?

Why? There's no back to back games and Schenider is on a roll. I'd rather not give him 5 days off before the lat game of the season. Absolutely no reason to not keep him sharp. Depending on how the Ducks do against the OIlers in their next 2, this game could (unlikely) help the Canucks get the 2nd seed in the west. Not a game you wanna play your backup in.

Luongo should remain on the bench for the rest of the season.

Why? There's no back to back games and Schenider is on a roll. I'd rather not give him 5 days off before the lat game of the season. Absolutely no reason to not keep him sharp. Depending on how the Ducks do against the OIlers in their next 2, this game could (unlikely) help the Canucks get the 2nd seed in the west. Not a game you wanna play your backup in.

Luongo should remain on the bench for the rest of the season.

Luongo does need a game before the playoffs start just In case Schneider is somehow injured or has a couple bad games. Schneider is our number one but I heard on the radio the other day that luongo should be put in for either Anaheim or Edmonton just so he is warmed up if he has to step in playoff time. I also heard that they don't want Schneider to play the last game of the season because of the risk of injury so they may put luongo in then or they may not, I could be wrong.

I wouldn't mind seeing Luongo for 2 of the next 3 games. Extra rest of Schnieder before heading into the playoffs. I guess it doesn't really matter who is in net, both our goalie can lead us deep into the playoffs.

Going to miss having 2 amazing goaltenders...

Archived