Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nuxfanabroad

Perhaps Lu vs Chicago?

100 posts in this topic

Gives Schneider 5 days off between games, which is too much for a hot goalie.

Really, is that so? For a hot goalie? So your basically saying we should start the red, hot goalie? I think you're forgetting that Luo played absolutely incredible against Calgary and Nashville. Yet AV started Schneids the next couple games. So much for a hot goalie

When is the last season where Luongo didn't have a meltdown in the playoffs playing more than a game or 2?

That's right, his first season here. He's a great regular season goalie who can absolutely steal games. That won't cut it for this team; they need a goalie who can consistently give the team a chance to win. We can't afford to be giving the other team an easy W with this group.

Yes Luongo was incredible against a couple of basement teams, your point is?

Basement teams? Every team in the NHL is good. All games are competitive. You have to battle hard for wins. Those games we won? Lou kept the team in the game until they found their feet.

Your post reads like something AV would say.

After today's games, especially the Mild panicking, I now do feel starting Lu is a good call. Schneids had a pretty rough week. Let him focus on practice/concentration/form, those things 'tenders like to work on, when they've a little time to do so. Give him Ana, & the option on Edm, if he wants it, to stay sharp.

Vs the dirty Hawks, I'd like to see a tough lineup. Call up Vandemeer-give him a dance with Bollig; Piniz & Weise too. Sit Ebbet for a game or two. A basic, defensive approach with an emphasis on a good, hard hitting style.

We gotta' get some of that injured D back by this wknd!

I just don't understand

It is blatantly obvious that the organization has anointed Cory Schneider as the #1.

Like him or hate him the reality is Luo may never start another game as a Vancouver Canuck.

I wish AV would just straight up say who's starting for the last few games so I can go to the last game Lu will most likely play as a Canuck (and bawl my eyes out like a baby at Rogers Arena).

I'd start looking in tickets for the ducks game.

For all you Lou haters out there (myself included) Lou has handled the situation as well as he could and has not complained at all about his backup roll. He is only as good as he is and although he has let us down a number of times he has always tried his best, it's all he can do. He has done a lot for Vancouver and I think we should give him one last game in Vancouver, I sure Cory would want him to have it.

Luongo is such garbage how can people not see this? He would've let in 5 goals tonight most likely. I could probably snip him in praccy all day long.

Luongo is such garbage how can people not see this? He would've let in 5 goals tonight most likely. I could probably snip him in praccy all day long.

Gotta' admit, I stand corrected. Figured Lu was the right call today-but the team they iced was dynamite! Guess I'll let AV continue to make the calls for a bit... :)

No.

Our starting goalie for the playoffs needs to play the Hawks.

News flash, Schneider played this game.

As many of us have been clamouring, that should be Lu.