16 replies to this topic

#1 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

Here's my problem, I usually work on Tuesdays and as we all know, the playoffs begin this Tuesday. My question is, does anyone know whether we will play on the Tuesday for sure, or is there a possibility that we play game 1 on the Wednesday?

Sorry for making a new thread on this but I need to know so I can book that day off :)
Posted Image

#2 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

It might be delayed, because I believe Boston had a game vs Ottawa that got cancelled because of the bombing attacks.

I think they said that it would be played a day after the regular season has ended, which delays the playoffs possibly, but probably not since there's always a few days in between the end of the season and the beginning of the playoffs.

#3 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,332 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Here's a tip, they can't make the playoff schedule until they know who's playing in what spot. Since they don't know who's playing in what spot yet, we don't know the schedule. We could play on the first night, or the second. They could be delayed to fit the Boston games in as mentioned. You'll have to wait until they're up, and when they are, they'll be posted on CDC before you can ask the question on if they're up or not.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#4 CIaude Giroux

CIaude Giroux

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

You'r in luck. Vs the Oilers we lost 4-0, then we won 4-0. Therefor we will tie 4-4 and have a record long shootout that will go into the next day at round 443. Because of this record breaking long shootout it will push back the playoffs a day.

ob27hYW.jpg

#5 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Since 06-07 I believe the Canucks have always played on the first night.

But I feel they will play on May 1st. just a feeling

#6 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Since 06-07 I believe the Canucks have always played on the first night.

But I feel they will play on May 1st. just a feeling

Just watch us be on the first night after the toronto game, but the toronto game will go to quadruple overtime and they will refuse to switch bc residents to a separate feed so we miss our entire game.

#7 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Just watch us be on the first night after the toronto game, but the toronto game will go to quadruple overtime and they will refuse to switch bc residents to a separate feed so we miss our entire game.

All the more reason to play on may 1st. :)
Posted Image

#8 Raspberries

Raspberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

All the more reason to play on may 1st. :)

somehow I don't think CBC cares.

no seriously, they aren't the brightest bunch to begin with and now they are going to be so blinded by their Toronto in the playoffs glow, the other Canadian teams aren't going to be thought of in the slightest. Be prepared to be very very frustrated.

#9 Cynrgee

Cynrgee

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Here's my problem, I usually work on Tuesdays and as we all know, the playoffs begin this Tuesday. My question is, does anyone know whether we will play on the Tuesday for sure, or is there a possibility that we play game 1 on the Wednesday?

Sorry for making a new thread on this but I need to know so I can book that day off :)

I saw on an NHL commercial last night that playoffs would start April 30 instead of April 28 due to the Boston incident.
Posted Image
Thanks to Vintage Canuck for the sig.

#10 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Oh brother, you're right. This will happen at some point on CBC in the first round - we'll get screwed by one of the eastern teams like that. They better communicate their regional plans in advance of that scenerio, because it's coming, and it's going to annoy many.

On a similar note, why is it Toronto has a celebration for something at just about every single one of their Saturday games? CBC should start Toronto games at 3:30 because of this pathetic habit. "Oh, it's Larr Cahan's 89th birthday this Saturday, let's recognize it for 20 minutes before dropping the puck... he did play some great defense on our third pairing in 1955"...

Edited by Slegr, 21 April 2013 - 02:08 PM.

"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#11 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

They will be playing Tuesday. :canucks:
Posted Image

#12 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Some people work on Wed too, so I hope they play on Tues! :)

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#13 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Trust me when I say this, they will be playing Tuesday and this isnt an observation its more or less due to a fact I know. I would plan ahead of time if possible and get the Tuesday off.

#14 hwy19man

hwy19man

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

It might be delayed, because I believe Boston had a game vs Ottawa that got cancelled because of the bombing attacks.

I think they said that it would be played a day after the regular season has ended, which delays the playoffs possibly, but probably not since there's always a few days in between the end of the season and the beginning of the playoffs.

I saw on an NHL commercial last night that playoffs would start April 30 instead of April 28 due to the Boston incident.

The playoffs were scheduled to commence on April 30 since the lockout ended. The Senators-Bruins game has not changed the playoff starting date. The regular season is extended by one day.
On Saturdays, all Canucks games must be shown on the CBC and to start home games at 1900h Pacific instead starting early for the stinkin' Leafs!!!

#15 hwy19man

hwy19man

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

duplicate post, see below.

Edited by hwy19man, 22 April 2013 - 05:28 PM.

On Saturdays, all Canucks games must be shown on the CBC and to start home games at 1900h Pacific instead starting early for the stinkin' Leafs!!!

#16 hwy19man

hwy19man

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

somehow I don't think CBC cares.

no seriously, they aren't the brightest bunch to begin with and now they are going to be so blinded by their Toronto in the playoffs glow, the other Canadian teams aren't going to be thought of in the slightest. Be prepared to be very very frustrated.

Oh brother, you're right. This will happen at some point on CBC in the first round - we'll get screwed by one of the eastern teams like that. They better communicate their regional plans in advance of that scenerio, because it's coming, and it's going to annoy many.

On a similar note, why is it Toronto has a celebration for something at just about every single one of their Saturday games? CBC should start Toronto games at 3:30 because of this pathetic habit. "Oh, it's Larr Cahan's 89th birthday this Saturday, let's recognize it for 20 minutes before dropping the puck... he did play some great defense on our third pairing in 1955"...

The CBC does not want to have the Canucks and Leafs play on the same night to avoid the potential overtime conflicts. The CBC does not want split the audience with its two largest television markets especially if the Canucks play the BJs, Blues, Wild.

#17 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

I can't contain my happiness, so YAY! :D

@GMillerTSN: Canucks / Sharks starts Wednesday in Vancouver.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.