32 replies to this topic

#1 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

What are we going to do in the offseason.

UFAS:Roy,Raymond,Lapierre,Barker,Alberts,Pinnizzotto,Vandermeer,Ebbett,Malhotra.

RFAS:Weise,Sestito,Tanev,Joslin,Sweatt,Rodin,Lain,Archibald,Sauve,Stefan Schneider,Gordon,Schreoder.

What should we do to get under the cap space?

Who do we get rid of and who comes in to replace because younger players will get a chance to make the roster as they are in el contracts and cheap.

My suggestions: First, Ballard,Booth,Luongo combine 13 million. We can trade those 3 for picks,RH Defensemen,Depth players, our filling needs. So we got 13 million who are we going to resign well first thing is first, young players such as: Sweatt,Rodin,Lain,Archibald,Sauve,Schreoder. All of that can add up to be ehh around 5-6 million? (Your call). Now we got 7 million free cap space look at those UFAS, who do we sign? Lapierre for 1 million,Barker for 700k,Alberts for 900k, Tanev for 1.5 million, got roughly 4 million left, re sign Roy for 4 million and let Raymond,Ebbett,Weise walk? Or do we sign those 3 and have like 1 million left?

Just post your ideas and suggestions.

Kevin Fiala will be a star.

#2 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

The Buy-Out scene is going to be like the waiver wire. Everyone on CDC will suggest "CLAIM SIGN HIM!!" because the contracts for these players will be very low.

It's going to be a complete mess.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#3 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

The Buy-Out scene is going to be like the waiver wire. Everyone on CDC will suggest "CLAIM SIGN HIM!!" because the contracts for these players will be very low.

It's going to be a complete mess.

Owners will get mad if they keep buying out players cuz it is their money.

#4 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I will like us to hang on to Rodin for one more year, since we have full control of the farm team next year, He should be getting more oppurtunity.

I think Gillis will attempt to offer Raymond A Higgins style contract.

Other then that, the obvious, moving Luongo.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#5 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

What are we going to do in the offseason.

UFAS:Roy,Raymond,Lapierre,Barker,Alberts,Pinnizzotto,Vandermeer,Ebbett,Malhotra.

RFAS:Weise,Sestito,Tanev,Joslin,Sweatt,Rodin,Lain,Archibald,Sauve,Stefan Schneider,Gordon,Schreoder.

What should we do to get under the cap space?

Who do we get rid of and who comes in to replace because younger players will get a chance to make the roster as they are in el contracts and cheap.

My suggestions: First, Ballard,Booth,Luongo combine 13 million. We can trade those 3 for picks,RH Defensemen,Depth players, our filling needs. So we got 13 million who are we going to resign well first thing is first, young players such as: Sweatt,Rodin,Lain,Archibald,Sauve,Schreoder. All of that can add up to be ehh around 5-6 million? (Your call). Now we got 7 million free cap space look at those UFAS, who do we sign? Lapierre for 1 million,Barker for 700k,Alberts for 900k, Tanev for 1.5 million, got roughly 4 million left, re sign Roy for 4 million and let Raymond,Ebbett,Weise walk? Or do we sign those 3 and have like 1 million left?

Just post your ideas and suggestions.

I doubt a team will want even one of those players with the cap lowering.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#6 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

I doubt a team will want even one of those players with the cap lowering.

Can trade separately like booth and Ballard or Raymond's rights and Lu.

#7 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

I say we buyout Taylor Hall the horse for 2 cents

cL3GIZK.jpg

Credit to Parise11 for the amazing sig!

#8 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

I say we buyout Taylor Hall the horse for 2 cents

No, i'll score 60 goals this year.

#9 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

I think Ballard and Luongo will need to be gone just to fit under the cap. If they want any flexibility to change up the team they will need to get rid of Booth also.

#10 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

We need playoff performers and big bodies. My decision on Roy will be made when I see whether he becomes invisible or steps up in the playoffs. Either way he's been scoring at around 0.5 points per game over the last season so really shouldn't be asking for more than 5 million.

Have to keep Booth - this guy plays a playoff-game. He didn't score much in the regular season because of his injuries and rustiness, but the way he takes the puck hard to the net and throws big hits is exactly what we need more of.

Have to keep Raymond - he's on the cusp of a breakout season, and the second thing that succeeds in the playoffs apart from size is speed. We need a balance of size and speed, which is why we should keep Booth AND Raymond. He honestly doesn't deserve much of a raise though.

Have to keep Lapierre - best 4th line center in the NHL. We can probably keep him for 1M so no changes there.

Essentially we only really need to lose a goalie and guy like Ballard to free up around 9M. Losing Malhotra as well puts us over 11M. Roy should only re-sign for around 4-5M, otherwise let him walk. The rest are cheap signings, and we should still be under the lowering cap.
Posted Image

#11 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

Trade Schneider and sign perry!!!

#12 dangler696969

dangler696969

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Buy out Booth. Package Ballard and Luongo for Picks, sign a top end free agent winger or defenseman. Sign Back up goalie. Sign raymond. Possibly sign roy as well

#13 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

We need playoff performers and big bodies. My decision on Roy will be made when I see whether he becomes invisible or steps up in the playoffs. Either way he's been scoring at around 0.5 points per game over the last season so really shouldn't be asking for more than 5 million.

Have to keep Booth - this guy plays a playoff-game. He didn't score much in the regular season because of his injuries and rustiness, but the way he takes the puck hard to the net and throws big hits is exactly what we need more of.

Have to keep Raymond - he's on the cusp of a breakout season, and the second thing that succeeds in the playoffs apart from size is speed. We need a balance of size and speed, which is why we should keep Booth AND Raymond. He honestly doesn't deserve much of a raise though.

Have to keep Lapierre - best 4th line center in the NHL. We can probably keep him for 1M so no changes there.

Essentially we only really need to lose a goalie and guy like Ballard to free up around 9M. Losing Malhotra as well puts us over 11M. Roy should only re-sign for around 4-5M, otherwise let him walk. The rest are cheap signings, and we should still be under the lowering cap.

With 11 million cap still gotta re sign prospects,Depth,Raymond.

Prospects:Schreoder,Sweatt,Rodin,Archibald. 3 million.

Depth:Ebbett,Sestito,Gordon,Pinnizzotto,Weise,Barker,Alberts,Joslin,Tanev. 4 million.

Raymond: 2.5 million.

Roughly 3.5 million left. Could I be a little maybe so but if this is correct. Hard to get Roy.

#14 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

Luongo will be a salary dump and the other team will either give salary back or just give us a few picks and require us to keep some of his salary. Not going to get his true value.

I still say move Schneider for something significant. Because if he keeps playing well, he will get at least 5+mil to get re-signed, and could test out free agency. I could see some other team giving him a high money contract.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#15 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

Its difficult to make any big changes. Alot of it depends on playoff results. But one obvious one is moving Luongo.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#16 Chronic.Canucks.Fan

Chronic.Canucks.Fan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

Tanev definitely needs to be resigned. Raymond as well if possible. If cap space is made via trades we should aggressively pursue David Clarkson and Roy.

#17 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Its difficult to make any big changes. Alot of it depends on playoff results. But one obvious one is moving Luongo.

Don't expect overrated players on teams anymore.

#18 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

Roy. Definitely needs to be re-signed.

/=S=/

#19 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

Don't expect overrated players on teams anymore.

true. lol Or at least until the caps go up. Then who knows...

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#20 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,504 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

Really depends what happens during the playoffs. If Gillis finally hands AV his pink slip, Ballard could be very useful for us next season. If Raymond wants 3 million or more per season, no thanks. Booth could tear it up if he sees action in the playoffs.

Only moves I see as necessary are:
Re-sign Lapierre
DON'T re-sign Ebbett
Fire AV
Get rid of Luongo by whatever means necessary

We will only be able to buy out one of Booth/Ballard if we can't find a taker on Luongo.

Edited by AV's Replacement, 22 April 2013 - 03:18 AM.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#21 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

Keep Raymond, Lapierre, Tanev, Sweatt, Rodin, Lain Sauve and Alberts.

Watch Schneider over playoffs before losing Lu.

Similarly watch Roy in playoffs.......but in any case I would not pay over $5M for him.

Edited by Bodee, 22 April 2013 - 03:42 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#22 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

A bit early no? Shut this thread down and start her back up in late june after we hoist Stan.
Posted Image

#23 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

MG make plays for David Clarkson & Colton Orr!!!

Also go out and get Carl Sneep, love the last name, it's got pizazz

#24 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Not too familar with the new CBA. But do AHLers (ie. Rodin, Sweatt, Sauve, etc) count against the Salary Cap?!? If not...then why does the OP have them eating cap space???

In any case...

Gone: Booth, Ballard, Luongo, Raymond, Roy, Malhotra, Barker,

Re-sign: Lapierre - $1.5M, Alberts - $1.25M, Tanev - $1M, Sestito - $0.7M, Weise - $0.7M

Trade: Edler to PHI for Couterier + Grossman

Signings: Clarkson - $4.5M, O'Byrne - $2.5M, Gordon - $1.5M, Strachen/Eminger - $0.75M, Montoya - $0.75M

2013-14 Salary Cap $64.3M

Line-up: $64.145M

Sedin ($6.1M) Sedin ($6.1M) Clarkson ($4.5M)*
Burrows ($4.5M) Kesler ($5.0M) Hansen ($1.35M)
Higgins ($2.5M) Couterier ($1.375) Kassian ($0.87M)
Sestito ($0.7M)* Lapierre ($1.5M)* Gordon ($1.5M)*
Weise ($0.7M)*

Hamhuis ($4.5M) Bieksa ($4.6M)
Garrison ($4.6M) Tanev ($1.0M)*
Grossman ($3.5M) O'Byrne ($2.5M)*
Alberts ($1.25M)* Strachen/Eminger ($0.75M)*

Schneider ($4.0M)
Montoya ($0.75M)*

Note: * indicates suggested salary cap hit.

#25 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,392 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Unfortunately winning the division for so many years in a row and letting assets walk has left the future here not too bright.

#26 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,757 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

Trade Lou, buyout Ballard and Booth if they can't be traded.

Consider trading Edler if we can get a good return.
Keep Roy and Lapierre, maybe Alberts if he has a good playoffs, Weise, Tanev, Sestito, Archibald, Lain, and Schroeder

Dump the rest.

Sign some right handed defencmean, and a back up goalie.

Win Cup!

Edited by Dogbyte, 22 April 2013 - 10:27 AM.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#27 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Booth may not be around for the playoffs period. When was the last time Booth played a full season? And you complain about Schnieder not having enough playoff experience but how many playoff games has Booth played???

#28 lexluthor

lexluthor

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Trade Schneider and sign perry!!!

You need to follow hockey a bit more closer. He's no longer available.
Corey Perry signed an 8 year extension with Anaheim last month.

#29 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Revised cuz I want Clowe...

Gone: Booth, Ballard, Luongo, Raymond, Roy, Malhotra, Barker,
Re-sign: Lapierre - $1.25M, Alberts - $1.25M, Tanev - $1M, Sestito - $0.7M, Weise - $0.7M
Trade: Edler to PHI for Couterier + 2nd round pick

Signings: Clowe - $4.5M, Clarkson - $4.5M, O'Byrne - $2.5M, Strachen/Eminger - $0.75M, Montoya - $0.75M

2013-14 Salary Cap $64.3M
Line-up: $64.095M

Sedin ($6.1M) Sedin ($6.1M) Burrows ($4.5M)
Clowe ($4.5M)* Kesler ($5.0M) Clarkson ($4.5M)*
Higgins ($2.5M) Couterier ($1.375M) Kassian ($0.87M)
Sestito ($0.7M)* Lapierre ($1.25M)* Hansen ($1.35M)
Weise ($0.7M)*

Hamhuis ($4.5M) Bieksa ($4.6M)
Garrison ($4.6M) Tanev ($1.0M)*
Alberts ($1.25M)* O'Byrne ($2.5M)*
Joslin ($0.7M) Strachen/Eminger ($0.75M)*

Schneider ($4.0M)
Montoya ($0.75M)*

#30 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Luongo will be a salary dump and the other team will either give salary back or just give us a few picks and require us to keep some of his salary. Not going to get his true value.

I still say move Schneider for something significant. Because if he keeps playing well, he will get at least 5+mil to get re-signed, and could test out free agency. I could see some other team giving him a high money contract.

That won't be another 3 years before Cory's contract runs out. How many times have you read from people on this board been saying that Schnieder will be gone or traded the past 4 seasons. Or that he will sign somewhere else once he becomes a UFA? Well he had his chance, but He decided to stay for a long term deal.
Do you know what the cap or other Goaltenders will be making or comparable in that time in 3 years? In that time a 5 million dollar goaltender might be a bargain deal in that time. Plus your not going to see these stupid 12 year contracts anymore.
Your right you may not get the true value in return but if your going to keep Luongo they're isn't a guarantee he can be just as good in two to three years either. Everything is a huge gamble. At some point this team will need to get younger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.