The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 3)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

League file and website updated

Prospects that were drafted in this years draft should be in your prospects section once you update the league file

Let me know if there are any issues

I'm just wondering how the prospect grades will be decided. 5.5B? 7.5D? Or do you have something simpler in mind?

I'm just wondering how the prospect grades will be decided. 5.5B? 7.5D? Or do you have something simpler in mind?

they're really only copied from HF after they are drafted IRL. Part of the reason the rule about only signing first round 2015'ers was that they would have the most info, guys who don't get as much press are going to be hard to judge even with the HF system.

Most if not all these players that were drafted don't exist on Hockey's Future therefore they don't even have a rating

The easiest way to rate these players potential is to take in account what round they were drafted in

There will be a few exceptions to this as there are some known players drafted in the later rounds and those players should be rated accordingly

they're really only copied from HF after they are drafted IRL. Part of the reason the rule about only signing first round 2015'ers was that they would have the most info, guys who don't get as much press are going to be hard to judge even with the HF system.

Most if not all these players that were drafted don't exist on Hockey's Future therefore they don't even have a rating

The easiest way to rate these players potential is to take in account what round they were drafted in

There will be a few exceptions to this as there are some known players drafted in the later rounds and those players should be rated accordingly

I appreciate the effort people took in finding late round gems - but; I find myself wondering where the line between RL and Fantasy are.

At this point, the league is a beast of its own, with players succeeding and failing based on STHS' "Wonderfully accurate and super realistic" sim system where Teddy Purcell & Jussi Jokinen can become gods.

While I don't think it would be fair to penalize the people that put effort in hunting down late round gems - I also don't think its fair to penalize people that drafted EHM players; EHM provides scouting reports on all of the players, could you use those to give you a better idea of what we've drafted? Otherwise RL players are worth far far more than EHM players based on the simple fact that they have real life comparisons to draw on(To some degree, I know its far in the future at this point, but, still, my point remains the same.)

While I don't think it would be fair to penalize the people that put effort in hunting down late round gems - I also don't think its fair to penalize people that drafted EHM players; EHM provides scouting reports on all of the players, could you use those to give you a better idea of what we've drafted? Otherwise RL players are worth far far more than EHM players based on the simple fact that they have real life comparisons to draw on(To some degree, I know its far in the future at this point, but, still, my point remains the same.)

They already are, did you think we just give random ratings to players?

edit: what is the problem of GM's who put more work in, getting rewarded?

They already are, did you think we just give random ratings to players?

edit: what is the problem of GM's who put more work in, getting rewarded?

None! As I said they shouldn't be penalized, I'm just trying to understand how you guys are doing things - I've seen the Youtube video - is that what you're referring too?

I was referring to this;

DenBoerAlex.jpg

^Chimon has all the players in an EHM file on his computer, and is the one who gives ratings to EHM created players. He uses that screen, and the "profile" one at the top which gives actual ratings (slapshot, speed, etc) that is then translated to STHS ratings.

^Chimon has all the players in an EHM file on his computer, and is the one who gives ratings to EHM created players. He uses that screen, and the "profile" one at the top which gives actual ratings (slapshot, speed, etc) that is then translated to STHS ratings.

Perfect, thanks lax.

Archived