The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

Any one watch Samuel Morin while he's been for the Cdn U-18, looks good. The Cdn U-18 play the US U-18 for the championship tomorrow @ 9am.

Ther kid despite his huge size has pretty good mobility ( 6'7"/200 ) Plays in the Q with Rimouski

I've been watching Gauthier for some time hoping he might slip, but it looks like after todays game he can only increase in value. Morresey is good but that's at that level, unless he does a Tanev and sunddenly sprouts up he's not going to have the same impact at the NHL leverl IMO. Right now Morin is listed in the second round (32) but likely to move up after having a good U-18 tourney. His feet never seem to get in the way ::D and he obviously has a great reach at 6' 7"

Man theirs some good prospects this draft... when you think Morin is playing for the national U-18 team and is ranked in the second round

Just came across this

"

Potential 1st Rounders NHL CS has Omitted from the Top 30

.........2. Samuel Morin, Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL - #32 on the combined ranking: I will not be too harsh on Central Scouting since I also had Sammy at 32 when I released my April rankings. At that time, I said I would wait to see how Sammy did at the U18’s before pushing him to the first round. Well, guess what, Sammy passed with flying colours – ranking 7th overall in plus minus going into the gold medal game. A 6’7 defenseman, who can skate, fight, pass and even play the power play and has a mean streak is going to go in the 1st, you have to think. A player with similar characteristics, Jarred Tinordi, went No 22 – expect Morin to do the same or better......."

Seems about right

http://thehockeywrit...final-rankings/

Shame we don't have a second round pick :picard:

I've been watching Gauthier for some time hoping he might slip, but it looks like after todays game he can only increase in value. Morresey is good but that's at that level, unless he does a Tanev and sunddenly sprouts up he's not going to have the same impact at the NHL leverl IMO. Right now Morin is listed in the second round (32) but likely to move up after having a good U-18 tourney. His feet never seem to get in the way ::D and he obviously has a great reach at 6' 7"

Man theirs some good prospects this draft... when you think Morin is playing for the national U-18 team and is ranked in the second round

Just came across this

"

Potential 1st Rounders NHL CS has Omitted from the Top 30

.........2. Samuel Morin, Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL - #32 on the combined ranking: I will not be too harsh on Central Scouting since I also had Sammy at 32 when I released my April rankings. At that time, I said I would wait to see how Sammy did at the U18’s before pushing him to the first round. Well, guess what, Sammy passed with flying colours – ranking 7th overall in plus minus going into the gold medal game. A 6’7 defenseman, who can skate, fight, pass and even play the power play and has a mean streak is going to go in the 1st, you have to think. A player with similar characteristics, Jarred Tinordi, went No 22 – expect Morin to do the same or better......."

Seems about right

http://thehockeywrit...final-rankings/

Shame we don't have a second round pick :picard:

I know he is eligable bt not sure what or if he is ranked but Carter (son of Jim) Sandlak might be worth a huge look. He has sure been a menace dishing out lots of hits. Being an over-ager, can ee simply sign him yet? Sites Zack Kassian as toughest opponent he ever played against. The world needs bottm 6 muckers and this guy is definately one.

Out

Luongo

Booth

Ballard

Raymond

Malhotra

In

Lack

Corrado

Schroeder

Kassian - top 6 exclusively

Give a look to:

Andersson- great AHL season this yr, give this LD a look as 6th d man

Jensen- likely needs a year in AHL, but may surprise

Gaunce- likely back to Jr but maybe he does enough to earn 3C

Sweatt- 24 yrs now, start him off on 4th line, with his speed should be a decent penalty killer

Out

Luongo

Booth

Ballard

Raymond

Malhotra

In

Lack

Corrado

Schroeder

Kassian - top 6 exclusively

Give a look to:

Andersson- great AHL season this yr, give this LD a look as 6th d man

Jensen- likely needs a year in AHL, but may surprise

Gaunce- likely back to Jr but maybe he does enough to earn 3C

Sweatt- 24 yrs now, start him off on 4th line, with his speed should be a decent penalty killer

Here are Bob McKenzie's top 10 draft eligible players for the 2013 draft, revealed last night:

1) Seth Jones (8 of 10 NHL Head Scouts rank him #1)

2) Nate MacKinnon (1 of 10 ranked him #1)

3) Jonathan Drouin (1 of 10 ranked him #1, 4 of 10 ranked him ahead of MacKinnon,)

4) Aleksander Barkov

5) Valeri Nichushkin

6) Elias Lindholm

7) Sean Monahan

8) Rasmus Ristolainen

9) Nikita Zadorov

10) Darnell Nurse/Hunter Shinkaruk

Interesting that after the big three, 4 of the next 5 play in Europe and not CHL/USA. Which one has the best chance to fall to us?

Here are Bob McKenzie's top 10 draft eligible players for the 2013 draft, revealed last night:

1) Seth Jones (8 of 10 NHL Head Scouts rank him #1)

2) Nate MacKinnon (1 of 10 ranked him #1)

3) Jonathan Drouin (1 of 10 ranked him #1, 4 of 10 ranked him ahead of MacKinnon,)

4) Aleksander Barkov

5) Valeri Nichushkin

6) Elias Lindholm

7) Sean Monahan

8) Rasmus Ristolainen

9) Nikita Zadorov

10) Darnell Nurse/Hunter Shinkaruk

Interesting that after the big three, 4 of the next 5 play in Europe and not CHL/USA. Which one has the best chance to fall to us?

Slava Malamud@SlavaMalamud 9m

Aaaaaand that thudding sound with a splash of money-infused vodka you just heard was Valeri Nichushkin's draft stock taking a plunge.

Slava Malamud@SlavaMalamud 7m

If the Dynamo deal is confirmed, means absolutely no NHL for Nichushkin in 2013, probably 2014-15 is out, too. Grabbed easy money and ran

http://www.nhl.com/i...lRank&year=2013

This guy was ranked #2 for European skaters. Could be another Kuznetsov.

Archived