The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] - NW CHAMPS!

Ugli Fruit

Guest Dasein

Daniel got a bounce off the boards behind Keith. Danny went in and scored a goal - Keith immediately chopped him and Danny went down. No penalty on the play. It was just dirty. Reporters in press box said they could hear the wallop from their seats.

Not to be overly negative, and I didn't get to watch the whole game, but we either need to call up Schroeder to get Raymond going or something because he has been coooold.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Roy-Kesler

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Weise-Lapierre-Kassian

I like. I've been saying keep Kassian as high up as possible all season, but for the playoffs I'm fine with him on the fourth

The Nucks are always talking about their offense starts in the defensive zone. Tonight they showed how constant pressure in the offensive zone leads to good defense. Chicago were on the defensive and struggled to break out cleanly and in numbers. Numerous turnovers in their zone led to a number of qualtiy chances.

ALso loved how the team pushed back after the 1 fluke goal Chicago scored. They never gave the Hawks a chance to gain momentum as the Nucks went straight to the offense and almost scored. Nothing keeps a team like Chicago from pushing the envelope than the fear of the slightest miscue ending up in their net.

was at the game. as a hawks fan... (i didn't see the slash at the game, but just watched the video)...that was dirty and a very stupid play by keith and i hate to see him do that. hawks played terrible tonight...absolutely terrible.

but great game by the canucks. great to see!

edited for poor grammar lol

If im not mistaken, wasn't tonight Carcillo's first game against the Canucks after he said he wants to keep some Canucks players in check? lol All talk, Kassian just looked at him in disgust while he tried to look tough skating around him. lol

Meh, that Keith slash wasn't that big a deal. To the back? Sedin wasn't even affected.

But even if that was called, Sedin scored after the infraction, negating the power play.

The important thing is that we pretty much outplayed them this game. And unlike years past, i'm not 100% sold on Hawk depth being better that ours. So it might come down to injuries if we ever match up with them this season.

But first we have to get through some pretty tough opposition. Nobody in the west is going to roll over.

was at the game. as a hawks fan...(i didn't see the slash at the game), but just watched the video...that was dirty and a very stupid play. i hate to see keith do that. hawks played terrible tonight. absolutely terrible.

but great game by the canucks. great to see!

Archived