The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] - NW CHAMPS!

Ugli Fruit

Fracking rights, this is what a win is supposed to feel like!

Corrado surpassed my expectations, good god he was brilliant out there. Schneids was big when we needed him to be. Our top lines dominated. Defense didn't give up too many opportunities. PP Clicked. PK Clicked.

This was probably the most complete game by the Canucks this season. Hopefully they don't slow down here on out.

Biggest game of the season and the Canucks not only won, they dominated the "best" team in the NHL. Absolutely outstanding effort by every single Canuck for 60 minutes, these guys haven't played this well since the 2011 Cup run. Everyone had a monster game, from the Sedins down to Corrado and Alberts.

The reason the Canucks won was not goaltending like usual, it was physical play and clutch scoring. 2 gritty goals from in front of the crease by 2 likely playoff-performers in Hansen and Kassian. That's how you score in the playoffs. Still no idea why Burrows is on the top line when Kassian scores with the twins after playing 10 seconds with them. The play he made to push off one of the best defencemen in the league and out-muscle a forward to score is EXACTLY what this team needs for the playoffs.

Then of course our best players rose to the occasion and stole us the game. The Sedins had their best game all season long, Henrik with the biggest hit I've seen any Sedin throw on Carcillo, knocking him down. This was a statement game for Daniel and he embarassed Keith, first on the pass through him to Kassian and then on the breakaway goal. He was pretty invisible until the other headshot by Hjalrmsson which really woke him up.

Best of all, the physical defence destroyed Chicago's skilled super-stars, very similarly to how Boston beat the Canucks. We ground them down all game long and guys like Toews, Kane, Hossa, Saad and Stalberg were completely invisible. Great job by Lapierre, Higgins, Kesler, Alberts, Edler, Garrison, Hamhuis and Corrado who threw the body and threw it hard. That's how you win in the playoffs, with 30-40 hit efforts like tonight. We ended up injuring a couple of the Blackhawks with heavy hits and hard shots as well - another way you win in the playoffs.

This team is completely different and far more dominant with big physical hitters like Higgins, Sestito, Alberts, Barker and now Corrado in the lineup. Corrado has to stay - his presence on Edler was immediately felt.

Great game when it mattered most, now hopefully there's no lull for the Ducks game because if we're going deep in the playoffs we'll most likely have to face them before Chicago.

Frankie Corrado had the best debut I've ever seen, absolute ice water in his veins.

Sedins looked VERY good tonight.

Kass had a solid game despite playing 8:40. I guess that's what happens when your team hs 5 PPs and you aren't on either unit.

Derek Roy makes the 2nd PP unit much better which improves the PP overall.

good confidence builder going in for the boys. it reminded them how they can play, when they play with emotion, focus, and as a team.

and good to know they can dominate chicago going into the playoffs. they have played them well the whole year.

lets hope we bring this next week and maybe we can get a run going!

Guest Dasein

I know Corrado was impressive on his debut, the Sedins played amazing, Kassian got a goal, the 2nd line looked unreal, Garrison was unleashing his shot again, Edler looked in top form...

But who else was impressed by Andrew Alberts?!

Holy... He was pretty damn good all night long - what a stud.

Great game!

This or that LA game are up there for best performance of the year.

Good to see Zack get a goal.

Kesler in mid season form, passing up one-timers and not hitting the net. ;)

Roy was creating like a wild man out there.

Lappy rocking guys.

Raymond was brutal though, Yikes.

Corrado was amazing. He looked very, very confident out there.

The Hawks just don't have that physical element they used to have. If they lose in the playoffs I suspect that will be a big factor.

Archived