The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Corrado our saviour on defense

Outsiders

BIG fan of Corrado's game last night! Kid was excellent! Reminds me of Tanev but with more potential in my opinion. Tanev is very solid but Corrado makes you notice him.

My playoff lines:

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Roy-Kesler

Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen

Sestito-Ebbett-Kassian (with kass moving up and down throughout the game... Not a big fan of Weise)

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Alberts-Corrado/Tanev

Ballard is being out-played by Alberts and doesnt deserve a spot in the line-up above him and we cant afford not to have a right handed shot on that 3rd pairing so hes only subs in for injuries in my books. Barker should have been down in the A this season but AV was trying to give him a chance but only playing an average of 1 out of 4 games isnt gonna help anybody. But Corrado was good from start to finish last game and pretty much pushed Barker out of the lineup entirely, especially being a righty.

Hope this wasn't just beginners luck. Threw some nice hits and was great at skating back defensively. He is EXACTLY what Edler needs, and you could see how much Edler improved. The only time Edler looked off was on the powerplay when he got walked, and that was the one time of the game he wasn't paired with Corrado. I want this going into the playoffs:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Corrado

Garrison - Alberts

Those are 3 big, physical defensive pairings that can all score goals as well. Obviously Corrado and Alberts will get less special team minutes, so our top-4 of Hamhuis/Bieksa/Edler/Garrison should all be munching up around 20-22 minutes a game.

I think people are too quick to write off MG by not looking far enough

He's found or drafted Tanev, Schroeder, Corrado, Hodgson (which in turn brought Kassian), Jensen

All these players have now seen NHL time in their young careers already and it wont be for a while until we see them at their full potential.

When team's prospects get ranked, lots of people look at overall group (in terms of numbers and depth) but who really cares about depth of prospects.

I firmly believe in the NHL, the most important thing is you have youth with above average to high end talent and we have that.

I could care less that we don’t have an abundance of players that can play the 3rd and 4th line

Tanev and Corrado are future top 4 players

Schroeder, kassian and Jensen are top 6 material.

We can always fill 3rd and 4th line with NHL vets who don’t command much money.

The important thing is that we have a strong top 6 for defence and 2-3 solid forward lines and we have that for YEARS to come.

Gillis sucks at drafting/developing. :bigblush:

He was great tonight, I had a feeling he would have a strong start in the NHL. It became apparent to me throughout the lockout that he was better than Connaution who we thought was close to ready last year.

I could see him stepping in and playing in an important depth role like Tanev in 2011. Although Corrado right now isn't as much of a toothpick as Tanev was then. lol

I think people are too quick to write off MG by not looking far enough

He's found or drafted Tanev, Schroeder, Corrado, Hodgson (which in turn brought Kassian), Jensen

All these players have now seen NHL time in their young careers already and it wont be for a while until we see them at their full potential.

When team's prospects get ranked, lots of people look at overall group (in terms of numbers and depth) but who really cares about depth of prospects.

I firmly believe in the NHL, the most important thing is you have youth with above average to high end talent and we have that.

I could care less that we don’t have an abundance of players that can play the 3rd and 4th line

Tanev and Corrado are future top 4 players

Schroeder, kassian and Jensen are top 6 material.

We can always fill 3rd and 4th line with NHL vets who don’t command much money.

The important thing is that we have a strong top 6 for defence and 2-3 solid forward lines and we have that for YEARS to come.

To the guy saying Corrado is the only Gillis draft, well, Kassian technically is too as he's a trade from one.

I thought Corrado looked great out there. He has the energy to keep up and seemed to fit right in.

Archived