The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Corrado our saviour on defense

Outsiders

There's certainly some good young talent out there on the blueline - Hamilton and Brodin are both really solid young guys, Schultz, Karlsson, Carlson, Ekman-Larson from graduated classes... but the Canucks have a pair in Tanev and Corrado that may not have the pedigree of Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk, but it's hard to envy any other team's top pair of blueline prospects considering the can-play-with-a-cigarette-in-the-mouth quality that these two under the radar guys possess.

The Burrows-effect.

MG is building a franchise, an environment that agents will recommend to their clients. All players are assets with astronomical risks and potential of great reward.

Tanev too looked awesome in his debut but the team sent him back down to "season" if you will. Seasoning in the A before bringing Cory into the fold has paid off in spades. Even going back to the previous group we showed restraint bringing the Twins along.

I think the Canucks are doing fine. MG is far from perfect, (Sundin, Lou's contract, Grabner, Ballard), but the course is steady..... maybe not straight but going forward with quality if not quantity.

This team is elite and has been for a few years now, we have quality coming up through the ranks....why all the doom & gloom?

Saviour? That's a bit much. He was indeed very impressive and i think he's the real deal but the true test doesn't come after 1 game. I wouldn't expect him to see action in the playoffs if we can our injured guys back. I will say this i think he's surpassed Barker on the depth chart. See it as #6 Ballard #7 Alberts #8 Corrado. Definitely looks like he's ready to replace Ballard's spot next season.

Yeah,Tanev was brought to the Canucks by Gagner and Corrado is the only Glilis pick in five years of draftingnow playing for the team.

Corrado good.

Gillis drafting record -hahhahhahhahhahahhahhahhahhahhaha.

Years of suspect drafting and trading picks, by this regime and the one that preceded it, has left the Canucks without a bankroll of prospects from which to purchase help at the deadline.

Gillis sucks at drafting/developing. :bigblush:

He was great tonight, I had a feeling he would have a strong start in the NHL. It became apparent to me throughout the lockout that he was better than Connaution who we thought was close to ready last year.

I could see him stepping in and playing in an important depth role like Tanev in 2011. Although Corrado right now isn't as much of a toothpick as Tanev was then. lol

I'm pretty pumped on our future blueline edler tanev corrado is a pretty solid start to building our future. If we could some how score a tough guy like petrovic it would round out out defense real nice down the road.. Gillis just needs to keep his eye out for that diamond in the rough tough dman that can play in the top 4

So what didn't you like about Hodgson, Jensen and Gaunce? I would say that those are pretty solid picks. And yes, Corrado does look like a keeper as well. I disagree with your comment that Gillis sucks at drafting. Actually most of the drafting is on recommendation of the scouting staff. If we tank a season and pick up high draft picks like the Sedins, Mike Gillis would probably look like a drafting genius?

Archived