159 replies to this topic

#61 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

It's not so much demoting him as it is evening out the pairs and getting everyone on their best side. Each of those pairing is capable of playing a lot of minutes

Hamhuis and Garrison have been playing way to well together to break that up.. that's our number one pairing for the playoffs
Posted Image

#62 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

Kind of rookie a Stanley Cup winning team has on its roster; a kid who takes the opportunity and feeds on it. Hope it lasts.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 22 April 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#63 ShakyWalton

ShakyWalton

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

Looks better than a 5th/6th defense man. Its nice to have a right handed shot. Looked good tonight reminds me of Tanev when he first came up. Would be nice to have him in the playoffs.

Give me a break,,the kid is a rookie,,his first NHL game and you are calling him a saviour?? A saviour from what,,,its posters like you that make this site a joke,,,he is a kid,,he may cr.p the bed next game...grow up and learn the sport.

#64 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

I think it's just amazing after all the injuries to our right hand D...this guy just sort of materializes out of nowhere...He played with the confidence of a guy that has been around awhile..Great debut..!!..Just heard him being interviewed on the radio,he's a bright kid.

#65 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,551 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Chances he plays next year?

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Garrison - Corrado

Honestly, this could be our defense for the next 3 years, with Tanev and Edler eventually passing Hamhuis and Garrison

My word, that's easy on the eye!

#66 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

I liked his game tonight. For his first NHL game, he sure had a lot of poise and got himself into the game with some big hits. Definitely made a good impression so far! (and the crowd seemed to like him right away when he took that official down too with his hit haha).

So he was physical, seemed to be in position reasonably well, had no giveaways. Hopefully he can continue on like that and challenge for a roster spot like Tanev did!

#67 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

I think Edler has found his new partner.

But yea, Corrado and Tanev plays different. Tanev is more conservative, makes the right plays, Corrado is more of a breakout out player mobile dman. Reminds me of Duncan Keith a little. I am hoping he is our secret weapon for our playoff run.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#68 canucktican

canucktican

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

He played great tonight! Tanev-Corrado pairing is something I am waiting on now!!

#69 tkoisthx

tkoisthx

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

He played great tonight! Tanev-Corrado pairing is something I am waiting on now!!

Why would you pair two right handed D together when we only have 3 (counting Corrado). I don't think Corrado will be used right away unless Bieksa or Tanev isn't ready for game 1.

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Bieksa
Alberts - Tanev

is probably what AV will go with.

#70 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

Imagine how much better this team would be if we didnt make the Ballard trade and got great return on one of our two stud goalies.
Posted Image

#71 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,358 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:23 AM

POPULAR

Imagine how much better this team would be if we didnt make the Ballard trade and got great return on one of our two stud goalies.

Imagine how fracked we would have been if we didn't make that Ballard trade and Hamhuis decided to sign in Pittsburgh or Philly instead of in Van?

What if's are useless and looking back is pointless too.

#72 AnOnYmOuS

AnOnYmOuS

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

He was rock solid tonight and threw some big hits early in the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick around past his 5 games this year.

Playoffs don't count

#73 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

Corrado looked great I'm glad he got 3rd star (thanks Cheech) amazing to have a rookie out of nowhere contribute like he did, good on him.who knew?

#74 Touchet

Touchet

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

man, that's oldnews. <_<

troll-dad-jump.pngtroll-dad-jump.png

#75 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,982 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

When bieksa,tanev and ballard return barker won't be in our top 6 and I'm pretty sure corrado will be a insurance policy if any of those d men get injured or play horribly.

Barker could be just as good as Corrado with the right guidance.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#76 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,320 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

Corrado >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> Barker.

Barker was excellent tonight.

Corrado is getting a look because the team systems need a RH shot.

You should rephrase yr comment: Corrado>>>>>>>>>>Juice/Tanev.

1znsn4k.jpg

Every "Burrow's Special", to Date.

#77 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

I was very pleased to hear that Corrado did well tonight. He seems like one of those cool, collected, smart with the puck type of players like Tanev is. Hope he can stick around for the play-offs if he continues like this. I'll take him over Barker any day. The D is stretched really thin right now and we could certainly use a skilled guy like this who can step right in and contribute. It was very encouraging to see.

#78 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

LOL, oh CDC.

Corrado was definitely great out there tonight, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and set the expectations unrealistically high like we do for all our prospects.

Oh wait...

RIP LB RR PD

#79 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,752 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

Excellent debut for Corrado. I for one hope he stays. Both Tanev and Corrado have poise for such young kids.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#80 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

Firstly well done to Corrado. Excellent first game.

As for Gillis, what can I say ............even a stopped clock gets the time right twice.

All you guys acting like a handful of decent players in 6 years from our prospects exonerates a GM of one of the biggest markets in hockey need to give yourself a shake. We are constantly in this mess due to his inadequacy when it comes to reinforcing this team.
Kevin.jpg

#81 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

Corrado was solid last night and looks to be a NHL dman. He brings some good depth for our playoff run.

Hamhuis Garrison/Bieksa

Edler Garrison/Bieksa

Alberts Tanev/Corrado

Ballard Barker

Alberts' physical game gets the nod over Ballard. This is a pretty balanced lineup.

#82 Ride the red Pony

Ride the red Pony

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

Kid looked good, deserves another game, thought the hit he threw in the first kind of set the tone for the game, Nucks seemed to feed off the kids energy.

#83 The Big Luongo

The Big Luongo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

In all my years of watching the Canucks that was the best first game i have seen from a defenseman including veteran acquisitions.

Corrado's intelligence, poise, positioning, mobility and confidence was at a very high level and will only get better.

Its pretty early to say but this kid looks like a gem.

#84 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

Imagine how fracked we would have been if we didn't make that Ballard trade and Hamhuis decided to sign in Pittsburgh or Philly instead of in Van?

What if's are useless and looking back is pointless too.

If hammy didnt come here we would have been fine. We had guys who could have stepped up. Looking at the past and analyzing failures is important. This team would be in a lot better shape with a couple different moves.

We chastise other GMs for their failures yet fail to hold our own management accountable for major blunders.

Edited by cdubuya, 23 April 2013 - 08:05 AM.

Posted Image

#85 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Saviour? Let's not put too much pressure on the kid ...

#86 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

Looks better than a 5th/6th defense man. Its nice to have a right handed shot. Looked good tonight reminds me of Tanev when he first came up. Would be nice to have him in the playoffs.

Good debut. Nothing more, nothing less. Using the word "saviour" in your post title: horrifically premature.

With that said, his development curve is very intriguing.

Wondering where all the "Gillis can't draft" and "AV can't develop youth" gang are right now. No doubt waiting to pounce on his first minus performance or ice-time reduction.
258bdr6.jpg

#87 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Very good game for a debut against the top team in the league when everyone is in play-offs mode.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#88 PavelsElbow

PavelsElbow

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Barker was excellent tonight.

Corrado is getting a look because the team systems need a RH shot.

You should rephrase yr comment: Corrado>>>>>>>>>>Juice/Tanev.

ahahahah did you watch the game? Barker was TERRIBLE. Okay, he didnt crap the bed in the 3rd but he had a horrendous first half of the game.

#89 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

If hammy didnt come here we would have been fine. We had guys who could have stepped up. Looking at the past and analyzing failures is important. This team would be in a lot better shape with a couple different moves.

We chastise other GMs for their failures yet fail to hold our own management accountable for major blunders.

We would have been fine if Hamhuis didn't come here? :lol: Hamhuis is our number 1 D, and has been every year he 's been here. Nobody could "step up" to fill that void.

So you think we would have gotten close to the finals with a healthy defence like this?
Edler-Salo
Ehrhoff-Bieksa
Rome-Tanev

zuhwS.gif

#90 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,982 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

In all my years of watching the Canucks that was the best first game i have seen from a defenseman including veteran acquisitions.

Corrado's intelligence, poise, positioning, mobility and confidence was at a very high level and will only get better.

Its pretty early to say but this kid looks like a gem.

I was amazed at his play. It seems so simple when you just play the position. Mostly because I've been watching Bieksa, Edler, and Ehrhoff make a mockery of the top 4 for years now and I only get to watch proper defence when I watch other teams.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.