The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Corrado our saviour on defense

Outsiders

Corrado was solid last night and looks to be a NHL dman. He brings some good depth for our playoff run.

Hamhuis Garrison/Bieksa

Edler Garrison/Bieksa

Alberts Tanev/Corrado

Ballard Barker

Alberts' physical game gets the nod over Ballard. This is a pretty balanced lineup.

In all my years of watching the Canucks that was the best first game i have seen from a defenseman including veteran acquisitions.

Corrado's intelligence, poise, positioning, mobility and confidence was at a very high level and will only get better.

Its pretty early to say but this kid looks like a gem.

If hammy didnt come here we would have been fine. We had guys who could have stepped up. Looking at the past and analyzing failures is important. This team would be in a lot better shape with a couple different moves.

We chastise other GMs for their failures yet fail to hold our own management accountable for major blunders.

In all my years of watching the Canucks that was the best first game i have seen from a defenseman including veteran acquisitions.

Corrado's intelligence, poise, positioning, mobility and confidence was at a very high level and will only get better.

Its pretty early to say but this kid looks like a gem.

We would have been fine if Hamhuis didn't come here? :lol: Hamhuis is our number 1 D, and has been every year he 's been here. Nobody could "step up" to fill that void.

So you think we would have gotten close to the finals with a healthy defence like this?

Edler-Salo

Ehrhoff-Bieksa

Rome-Tanev

While I was surprised to see him in the lineup (not V's usual way of doing things) and happy to see how well he played, it's naive to judge a player on the basis of one game. One game, in and of itself, means nothing.

- how do scouts make so many bad choices? Making their decisions based on a couple games, or even one. Anyone can look good or bad in a single game.

Archived