The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Please Keep Roy, Higgins and Kelser Together

cbones13

That line played really well together, but I don't like this idea. Keep Higgy with Roy though.

Sedins-Kass

Raymond-Kesler-Burr

Higgy-Roy-Hansen

Pinner-Lappy-Weise

They played well. It's just that a 3 line threat is harder to shut down. I wished for another checking center at the deadline "A la Boyd Gordon", so we could afford to load up the top 6, but hey. Too late now.

Best second line in the NHL. With Roy, we now have 4 players hovering around the point-per-game mark. I'd much rather have 4 players scoring at a 70 point pace than 2 players (Malkin and Crosby) scoring at a 100 point pace. Depth wins playoff games.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Kesler - Roy

Raymond - Burrows - Hansen

Weise - Lapierre - Sestito

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Corrado

Garrison - Alberts

That's a very physical, playoff-ready defence.

Best second line in the NHL. With Roy, we now have 4 players hovering around the point-per-game mark. I'd much rather have 4 players scoring at a 70 point pace than 2 players (Malkin and Crosby) scoring at a 100 point pace. Depth wins playoff games.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Kesler - Roy

Raymond - Burrows - Hansen

Weise - Lapierre - Sestito

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Corrado

Garrison - Alberts

That's a very physical, playoff-ready defence.

Every line needs what I call a "glue" guy! Someone who fore-checks, digs pucks out of corners, hits, mucks in front on the net, creates the pace and offers the work rate type plays that get everyone going. A perfect job description for guys like Burrows and Higgins!

yeah looked wicked all night. Something about higgy just triggers roy

Yes I gotta admit I thought Roy and Kesler together was a bad idea but with the way Roy distributes the puck this line has the perfect mix of playing styles.

It's funny....earlier in the season everyone was debating who our 3rd line center should be and I remember someone posting " it doesn't really matter who we get cause Lapierre will outplay them anyway."

4 nicely balanced lines tonight with the prospect of getting even more stacked once Schroeder and possibly Booth return.

Does anyone agree with my line proposal?

Daniel Henrik Zack

Higgins - Kesler - Roy

Raymond - Burrows - Hansen (Burrows is actually a 45% faceoff person which isn't bad for natural winger. Great checking line with speed.

Booth - Lapierre - Weise

Archived