The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Duncan Keith's post-game comments towards Karen Thomson of Team 1040

stonecoldstevebernier

Definitely something fishy about the way the clip is edited.

Why does it start with him asking her what she saw?

Don't post-game interviews usually start with the reporters asking the questions?

I think there's more to this than we know.

Sorry it's late aft in Asia, no time to read these cmmts(after work will). On a side note, on TSN's website, I see there's NO comments yet, almost 3.5 hrs after this game ended. It seems easterners are commenting on Leaf games, just as the final horn sounds. ESPECIALLY if the maple fleas win.

Seems the eastern-biased media go out of their way to discredit our team-yet when there are positive things to say, it's shut down for the night. Little chance to discuss controversy, like keith's low-brow idiocy.

Im torn between whos at fault here...

a) Given the climate of the situation....The hawks got werked and beat by their biggest rivals, DK was getting boo's all night, he was the last man back on the dagger goal, etc you get my point.....Karen could have asked that question differently...or simply not asked that question at all. Yes reporters ask dumb rhetorical questions (I think vancouver reporters are the worst for that) and its their job but the team also needs to think about their reputation with the players (especially the opponents) cuz ultimately the players hold the power to accept the interviews. So shame on Karen there.

B) Professionalism. DK is a professional at the highest level, you know you're in a hockey market and you expect those type of interviews following the game....give better answers, or at least don't make such a prejudice comment. I'm pretty sure the media will now blow this out of proportion come tomorrow.

I call it a tie, both at fault here

Bad response by Keith.

badly word question by Thomson.

If she ask Keith, what were you trying to accomplish by the two handed slash to Daniel Sedin's midsection on his breakaway? And he gave that response, burn him at the stake. But instead she dances around it and says "it looks like u did something that should have been a penalty".

Don't agree with Keith response no matter what but Thomson needs to know how to word her questions better cause she's calling a play a penalty when it wasn't called. I would have loved to hear Thomson ask why he gave dank a two hander and then show him the video of it.

Here's the thing guys...it really doesn't matter whether or not it was a stupid question or whether she was trying to get a reaction. By all means, Keith can be rude or insulting if that's the case. He'd hardly be the first player to do so. But DO NOT bring her gender into it. That's way out of line no matter what the situation.

I bet his parents are very proud.

Anyway does this not make cheering ANY team playing the Hawks in the playoffs more enjoyable? Every hit on Keith will be twice as sweet. Every boarding of Kane or Toews a cause to top up your glass.

For future "douche" interviews I think she would do well to keep a couple of comebacks in her repertoire.

I seriously don't get why people get so worked up about this, if this was someone else from another team we won't be taking about it.

He made a sexist remark, big deal. I'm sure she had hear worst before.

What's worst a sexist remark or attacking someone's personal life, like what Kesler and Burrows did to Backes?

I also, find it hilarious, that CDC is sticking up for the Vancouver media, when half the time you rip on them for asking stupid questions to the Canucks.

CDC baffles me, sometimes.

Archived