The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Duncan Keith's post-game comments towards Karen Thomson of Team 1040

stonecoldstevebernier

She had a lot of "balls" asking that question and for that I admire her. Keith's sexist and ignorant remarks I'd like to say were shocking but they really weren't. He's been infected with the Chicago Blackhawks virus...that being Douchebagiococcus majorus. One day someone on the ice is going to shut him up..if karma existed he'd be eating his meals through a straw.

To all the people supporting Keith or saying, 'I dont care, its the media, shes no reporter'.

This is about a PROFESSIONAL, degrading AND debasing a female in the field. Its disgusting, unneeded (win or lose) and frankly someone should sit him down and explain the right and wrong of sexism in the public. He looks like a complete prick on this one.

The ONLY thing i might give him, its a well known fact he lacks basic tact and common sense (Thats right, Keith is a moron).

Although no excuse, his stupidity is about the only thing explaining him backlashing on a female who called him out for his unsportsmanlike slash.

I do like how he says Daniels goal was nice goal. The nub had a front row seat on that beauty.

I seriously don't get why people get so worked up about this, if this was someone else from another team we won't be taking about it.

He made a sexist remark, big deal. I'm sure she had hear worst before.

What's worst a sexist remark or attacking someone's personal life, like what Kesler and Burrows did to Backes?

I also, find it hilarious, that CDC is sticking up for the Vancouver media, when half the time you rip on them for asking stupid questions to the Canucks.

CDC baffles me, sometimes.

I see. So because Kes and Burr were rude in playoffs we should turn other cheek whenever sexist remarks are made? Kes and Burr were in mid game tension, during playoffs, trying to get a rise out of another player for the purposes of affecting that players performance. Its a tactic. A poor one....

And Keith deliberatly insinuated all females know nothing about Hockey, he could have disregarded or ignored the question, he chose to be a sexist jerk in front of microphones.

Maybe you and Keith could sit in on a Gender Discrimination course? Definetly some 'learning' needed here.

Uh..ok. This comment was deliberately sexist and DIRECTED towards the woman...who was just doing her job as a reporter...and before you get all high and mighty with something about "defending Vancouver media"...that's nonsense. Even if this had been a female reporter from another team I'm sure most would be just as outraged. "Trash-talking" is fine. Being deliberately misogynistic in an interview with a female reporter is not. I sincerely hope you see the difference.

Dont bother, he doesnt see the difference.

I feel awful for what this kids wife/future wife will endure. No clue what is appropriate and what isnt.

Shiznat, Id rather be RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL IN THE HEAT OF PLAYOFF BATTLE TO MY OPPONENTS FACE.

than sexist and chauvanistic to a female reporter in front of her microphone AFTER a regular season game.

Buddy, theres a difference.

Noone is saying Keslers and Burrows actions were justified. But get a clue on acceptable and not-acceptable.

All in all, it likely wont be a big deal in the end.

But when Kesler gets FINED for commenting that Sedins would benefit from playing in Van for LESS. (which frankly they did in the end anyway).

And Keith will get NOTHING for being sexist in front of the mass. For all to hear...

GMs were fined left-right-and center during lockout for speaking thier minds. Yet Keith can speak his sexist mind all he wants..

F'd up world we live in.

Uh..ok. This comment was deliberately sexist and DIRECTED towards the woman...who was just doing her job as a reporter...and before you get all high and mighty with something about "defending Vancouver media"...that's nonsense. Even if this had been a female reporter from another team I'm sure most would be just as outraged. "Trash-talking" is fine. Being deliberately misogynistic in an interview with a female reporter is not. I sincerely hope you see the difference.

Keith has done millions of interviews with female reports before and has never acted rudely towards them or make sexist comments. There was no reason for him to acted like the way he did unless she was provoking him before he made the comment, which from other sources she did.

There!

I edited 'Sexism' in Wikipedia.

"RECENT DISCOVERY! Gender discrimination is now acceptable if you have no previous history of it!"

My listed source:

The knowledgable Shiznak of CDC! Grats your famous!

Provide those sources...what was she insulting his manhood or something? Tell me...what could she POSSIBLY have said that elicited that kind of response? Doesn't matter that he's done millions of interviews..or that they were female reporters. He stuck his foot directly into his mouth on this one and it only takes one incident to become labeled a chauvinistic pig.

There!

I edited 'Sexism' in Wikipedia.

"RECENT DISCOVERY! Gender discrimination is now acceptable if you have no previous history of it!"

My listed source:

The knowledgable Shiznak of CDC! Grats your famous!

i really think people are misinterpreting this. i think he was being sarcastic, a sort of "wow, you must be the league's first female ref" implying that she was trying to call penalties. not sexist at all.

Archived