The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Duncan Keith's post-game comments towards Karen Thomson of Team 1040

stonecoldstevebernier

I don't care what he said, she's not really a sports reporter anyway it would be like like Shane Foxman asking him questions. It's like those female NFL reporters, they are just a pretty face to hold the microphone while they repeat questions they are told to ask.

She totally insinuated right to his face that he should've gotten a penalty for slashing Dank. Personally I think Shorty and JG over reacted to it. He was pissed at this and decided to bash a member of the media. I have no problem with it. Yeah, he is a douche, but the media is always worse.

I don't care what he said, she's not really a sports reporter anyway it would be like like Shane Foxman asking him questions. It's like those female NFL reporters, they are just a pretty face to hold the microphone while they repeat questions they are told to ask.

Oh I know he says it. But I don't know if he's trying to discredit her by saying it, might just be an off-hand mention (there aren't any female refs in the NHL, so he might've just thrown it on there). I think the part where he doubts her knowledge of the game is just typical of the multitude of times frustrated NHLers have called out media on not knowing the game when they're bitter and don't feel like answering dumb questions.

I know my opinion's not likely to be popular here and I'll be diagnosed mentally retarded for having it :lol: That's just how I felt when I heard the interview, and that's still how I feel on his comments.

My opinion on this will depend on what the original question was.

The question on that clip was a dumb question that obviously wasn't a real question, but really a biased accusation.

However, Keith (understandably impatient with stupid questions after a tough loss) topped her (apparently) dumb question with an even dumber answer.

If her original question (that was not on the clip) was a real question - like "were you trying to slash Sedin on that breakaway?" then that's ok. But simply pointing out that there should have been a penalty is not exactly what you would expect from a good reporter and will certainly piss off players very quickly.

I think your highlighting the whole issue at hand. You're assuming that because she's a female she has no credibility as a sports reporter. When the reality is you don't know. She could be the most knowledgeable hockey fan you've ever met.

That's the lack of respect that female reporters get all the time.

Archived