The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Duncan Keith's post-game comments towards Karen Thomson of Team 1040

stonecoldstevebernier

Wow, really?

Being an "acclaimed SC champion Norris defensemAn" does not let one off the hook for being an ass. Why on Earth do you bring this to the table...it should be even MORE reason for him to conduct himself with class and dignity in representing the league as the "champion" you've made him out to be. I honestly think, just as coaches are called out for accosting the NHL in frustration in post game interviews, this should be looked at as reporters are just doing their job and this is uncalled for and rather humiliating. Women have fought hard for "equality" and to spew out this garbage is a real blow and shows that some still don't get it.

For the record, it absolutely should have been a penalty. But he'll get his soon enough. Not women - as who would tolerate this mentality?

Wow, really?

Being an "acclaimed SC champion Norris defensemAn" does not let one off the hook for being an ass. Why on Earth do you bring this to the table...it should be even MORE reason for him to conduct himself with class and dignity in representing the league as the "champion" you've made him out to be. I honestly think, just as coaches are called out for accosting the NHL in frustration in post game interviews, this should be looked at as reporters are just doing their job and this is uncalled for and rather humiliating. Women have fought hard for "equality" and to spew out this garbage is a real blow and shows that some still don't get it.

For the record, it absolutely should have been a penalty. But he'll get his soon enough. Frustrating loss or not, there's a way to respond to them. He needs to look at the Sedins...you know, the guys he has to cheapshot, to see how to behave in public. They're a shining example of off ice behavior...read a page out of their book, Dunc.

Doesn't matter what led up to it, there is no excuse. Unless she called him a stinking toothless redneck moron, I'd say his response was inappropriate.

Not sure how anybody could defend him for such douchey and sexist remarks...? :blink: Give your heads a shake.

The only thing that makes me happy about this is how blatantly, obviously under their skin the Canucks, it's fans and media are. Only bodes well for our boys if we meet them in the Western final. A distracted, irritated Blackhwaks will be all the more fun to boot out of the real season.

Umm I despise Keith as much as the next, but how is it sexist? Karen said she can't skate so if she can't skate, chances are she can't play hockey either. Keith also says she would be the first female referee which is a completely accurate statement. Besides being a sore loser I don't see the problem.

Umm I despise Keith as much as the next, but how is it sexist? Karen said she can't skate so if she can't skate, chances are she can't play hockey either. Keith also says she would be the first female referee which is a completely accurate statement. Besides being a sore loser I don't see the problem.

It's honestly impossible to tell whether it was intended to be a sexist comment or not. Leave the "first female referee" part out and it's a completely neutral comment. Even the first female referee part is ambiguous because it is true. To interpret whether it was a sexist comment you really have to read between the lines and that can be a sketchy excercise.

Good for you, Harrison...thinking along the same lines as me in that this sort of statement should be addressed. At least an apology is in order.

esten: seriously? You can't conveniently "take that part out" as it was the focus that he was putting on things. And you don't get much more sexist unless you add "go to the kitchen and make me a sammich". Don't defend this behavior, it sets us back a great deal.

Anyhow, keep swinging low, Dirty Dunc...when women aren't off limits, you've reached a new low. How unflattering but consistent to stoop to that level.

so have all you people accusing keith of sexism read the full quote on tsn now? if so, how's that egg on your face?

it's very clearly obvious he was insinuating that she lacks hockey knowledge because she doesn't play the game, not because she's a woman. the merit of the statement is certainly debatable, but what isn't debatable is the complete lack of misogyny.

Archived