Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

The Canucks are going deep and Chicago will get bounced, they have no chance.

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 GrooveC

GrooveC

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

POPULAR

You have to consider the collective record between our Vancouver Canucks and the "league leading" Blackhawks when it comes to playing skilled, cup contender, teams.

Canuck's record vs. the top 3 conference teams (Chicago, Anaheim, LA):

W/L/O
5/1/2

Blackhawk's record vs. the top 3 conference teams (Anaheim, Vancouver, LA):

W/L/O
3/4/2

So many people have been discounting the Canucks as first-round drop outs and I imagine they're basing this pessimism on the team's many 20min/40min efforts. Because whenever this team has put in the effort they've been electric on the ice. The Canucks are in their playoff window, they have the experience and talent, they know injuries cost them the cup in 2011 and this year they've put this knowledge into practice.

Of course there are 1001 ways for things to go wrong but that is true for any team. However, It's my firm belief that the Canucks are the best positioned team in the Western Conference to deal with setbacks when their backs are up against the wall.

We have the best dynamic duo in the NHL in the Sedins
We have an absolute never-give-up pitbull in Ryan Kesler.
We have the best Goaltending tandem in the NHL, "Oh, need to put the back-up in net? Lets put this gold medal wearing, game 7 cup final playing, ultimate badass in net." .

And we've surround this core of superstars with play-makers (Roy), cannons (Garrison), and recently activated secret weapons (Corrado). They've added this new blood to the ranks of seasoned veterans who took us to within a hairs breadth of The Cup.

The Canucks are going deep and Chicago will get bounced, they have no chance.

All you naysayers would be better served by planning how you're going to commemorate this season instead of talking absolute bunk about a first round exit.

Edited by GrooveC, 23 April 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#2 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,716 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

My concern is Anaheim

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

My concern is Anaheim

My concern is L.A and Chicago. Anahiem at times forgets to play physical and plays like more of a finess game. I am ok with playing against "skill vs skill" rather then "skill vs physical or trapping style"

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#4 GrooveC

GrooveC

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

POPULAR

My concern is Anaheim

They're a good team, 6-1-0 against Chicago, Vancouver, and LA.
However, Bruce Boudreau, on a deep psychological level, wants nothing in the world more than for the Vancouver Canucks to put him out of his misery.

Everyone talks about the "the Sisters", about the dives and dirty plays. WHAT they don't talk about is how the Vancouver Canucks put them on the toilet for hours at a time due to overwhelming stress/nervousness, with their telephone clenched insanely tight in one hand because they don't know if dehydration or a heart attack will get them first.

Believe me, it's best for everyone if the Canucks win, and they all know that.

Edited by GrooveC, 23 April 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#5 Canouver

Canouver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

The chances our first round opponent will be St. Louis , San Jose , or LA are pretty good. I don't like any of those match ups. They are all big strong teams and if Canucks win they will probably be pretty beat up with some injured players. I don't think we're going to get too far these playoffs.

Edited by Canouver, 23 April 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#6 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

You never know, the Hawks could always bench Crawford and Emery could get ho.... ahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

aXmDa9t.gif

#7 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

^^^

Emery, the goalie that helped the Senators make the finals?

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#8 Anti-Bettman

Anti-Bettman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

I'm only really worried about St. Louis and LA... St. Louis in particular because we will just get grinded down by there play and physicality. We are skilled enough to beat them but those types of series are bound to give us some injuries and wear us out.

* 1st in Canucks Fantasy Hockey 2011/12*

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

They're a good team, 6-1-0 against Chicago, Vancouver, and LA.
However, Bruce Boudreau, on a deep psychological level, wants nothing in the world more than for the Vancouver Canucks to put him out of his misery.

Everyone talks about the "the Sisters", about the dives and dirty plays. WHAT they don't talk about is how the Vancouver Canucks put them on the toilet for hours at a time due to overwhelming stress/nervousness, with their telephone clenched insanely tight in one hand because they don't know if dehydration or a heart attack will get them first.

Believe me, it's best for everyone if the Canucks win, and they all know that.

lol wtf. I gave you a + because it made me laugh

#10 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

If the Nucks played like they did last night and get most of the players back from injuries, we can run with the best..

Sedin Sedin Burrows/Kassian
Higgins Roy Kesler
Raymond Lapierre Hansen
Booth Shroeder Kassian/Burrows

Is a pretty damn good forward group.

Hamhuis Garrison
Edler Bieksa
Tanev Ballard/Alberts

Corrado

Schneider
Luongo

This team on paper can run with the best and if they played like they did last night, watch out.

#11 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Honestly, if you think Chicago loses in the first round to Columbus, Minnesota, or possibly Detroit, you might be grasping at the ol' straws a bit.

Vancouver most likely will be playing one of St. Louis or San Jose. They are both big, physical teams (the Blues worry me more). While I think the Canucks win a 7-game series, I find it unlikely we walk out of a series with either team without some injuries. That being said, I think Vancouver can still go deep this year.

Neither Minnesota nor Columbus play a physical game, and Chicago is just too skilled and too fast for either of those teams.

Edited by Jai604, 23 April 2013 - 02:12 PM.

RIP LB RR PD

#12 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Vancouver needs to be the team who gives the Blackhawks their walking papers in the west conf finals! Could you imagine what it would do for Van going to the finals after sending our greastest rival packing? We would be unstoppable!!

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#13 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

Honestly, if you think Chicago loses in the first round to Columbus, Minnesota, or possibly Detroit, you might be grasping at the ol' straws a bit.

Vancouver most likely will be playing one of St. Louis or San Jose. They are both big, physical teams (the Blues worry me more). While I think the Canucks win a 7-game series, I find it unlikely we walk out of a series with either team without some injuries. That being said, I think Vancouver can still go deep this year.

Neither Minnesota nor Columbus play a physical game, and Chicago is just too skilled and too fast for either of those teams.

Honestly if you think the Canucks lose to the Kings in the first round you might be..... absolutely right. There's a reason they play the games.
That being said I think the only team that would really have a likely chance of beating the Hawks is Detroit and they have to strings some wins together just to have that chance.

aXmDa9t.gif

#14 CANUCK-EXPRESS

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

Anything goes in the playoffs all I'm saying

#15 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Injuries are the only thing that concern me .

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#16 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,054 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

I don't know about this. Are you basing this off of the fact we beat the Hawks pretty badly last night? The Hawks did not play their best game (obviously) and were missing a key players (Sharp, Bolland injured early on). I think we will be seeing a different Hawks team in the playoffs.
Posted Image

#17 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

No way hawks lose in round one. Also i rather play the sharks than the blues as well.
Posted Image

#18 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,346 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

My concern is Anaheim

We fair quite well with Anaheim, I'm more worried about bigger teams like LA or St. Louis

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#19 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,134 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

It's all about matchups. The Canucks are going to play either the Kings, Blues or Sharks in the playoffs. All 3 of those teams will take quite a bit out of Vancouver. Anaheim and Chicago on the other hand, are going to get the Red Wings, Wild or Jackets. The Canucks have to get out of round 1 quickly or else they'll be in trouble.

#20 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

The Canucks are only going to go deep if they play like they did last night every night. One piss poor game which they compiled many of this season can and probably will cost them a series.

And for the record, the Hawks didn't have Sharp; it's kinda like the Canucks missing Kesler. I guess that's the equivalent.
Posted Image

#21 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,028 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

So before we beat the Hawks it's "Canucks won't make it past the first round"

We beat them once and it's "Canucks are going to go deep"?

Calm down people. Lets just take it one game at a time. Yes they had a dominating performance against Chicago, but it's one game. Chicago is still the most dominant team in the league this season.

The Canucks problem has never been that they can't play at an elite level. It's been about maintaining that elite level. Lets hope they can continue to play at this high level throughout the playoffs. If they can do that, then they've got a good chance.

Edited by DeNiro, 23 April 2013 - 04:09 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#22 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,028 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

The Canucks are only going to go deep if they play like they did last night every night. One piss poor game which they compiled many of this season can and probably will cost them a series.

And for the record, the Hawks didn't have Sharp; it's kinda like the Canucks missing Kesler. I guess that's the equivalent.

I agree with the first part, but injuries shouldn't be a factor.

The Canucks were missing half of their top 6 defensemen, and a top 9 forward.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#23 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Like Tortorella's Rant said before me, Vancouver is a good enough team that if they play as they did yesterday, they can match up well against any team in the league.

Yes, St. Louis and Los Angeles play a big, physical game. So do the Canucks. Everyone here has to stop being so afraid of Backes. Is he big? Sure. Does he whine and look to the refs constantly? Yes.

I hope that the Canucks are in playoff mode now. If last night was any indication, they are.

At their best, the Canucks can beat anyone. They are far more physical and chippy than in previous years. In 2011, we didn't have Kassian, Pinnizotto, Sestito, or Vandermeer. We had Torres who was a penalty/suspension magnet, and Glass who was a non factor, besides waffling on an open net.

We are much more prepared for the rigors of the playoffs than ever before. Moreso than almost all the other teams in the West besides the Hawks. And the Hawks have clearly lost most of the grit they had two years ago.

Looking forward to the playoffs.

Edited by Canuck-a-nuck, 23 April 2013 - 04:18 PM.

Posted Image

#24 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Interesting stat to say the least. The team that scares me the most is our probable 1st round match-up St.Louis. I think if we can get by them, we can keep up the physical play against any other matchup, and out-skill them as well
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#25 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

If St.Louis is their first round opponent it'll be real tough. They seem to have the Nucks number, they also have size and could really punish them. If Van does win they may be too beat up to go far? This is my main worry right now.
But i think San Jose will be real tough too because they'll want revenge for 2 years ago. Minny might be their best bet because they seem to have a tough time scoring?

Edited by Hockey Fever, 23 April 2013 - 04:37 PM.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#26 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

My concern is Anaheim

My concern is Vancouver. Will our team play up to their full potential?
Posted Image

#27 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Playoffs are such a hard one to predict. Every year there are amazing upsets in the first round and teams that have a mediocre season suddenly get hot and vice versa. 2011 worked out that both top teams went all the way but that is not a given.

#28 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

If we play the rest of the season/playoffs like we did last night (sans third, need to continue the hitting ALWAYS) then the only teams who will challenge us IMHO is the Hawks & Penguins, maybe Boston

#29 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

Getting out of the first round is difficult no matter what your position.If your not playing playoff hockey right from game one, you're behind the eight ball right off the bat. Plus upper seeded teams who have cruised easily into the playoffs, can get caught of guard by an 8th seeded team who has been playing playoff hockey for a month already in an effort to make the playoffs in the first place.
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#30 GrogZilla

GrogZilla

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

One piss poor game & it's quite possible Cory steals them a win, which he's done many times this season.

If they can play like they played last night & Cory plays like he has all season, we'll be a tough team to beat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.