The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Atheism is a form of Autism

Stefan

Atheism is a form of autism according to a health association in Turkey.

http://www.hurriyetd...puzvKB0.twitter

Autism associations around Turkey have reacted angrily after the head of Adana’s Health and Education Associations for Autistic Children reportedly said autistic children were “atheists due to a

lack of a section for faith in their brains.”

“Autistic children do not know how to believe in God because they do not have a section for faith in their brains,” sociologist Fehmi Kaya reportedly said. “That is why they don’t know how to pray, how to believe in God. It is necessary to create awareness [or religion] in these children through methods of therapy.”

He also reportedly said atheism was a form of autism.

Kaya’s statement caused a strong backlash in the country, with individuals and associations speaking out against his remarks. The president for the Association of Protection of Autistic Children (ODER), Engin Güngör, told the Hürriyet Daily News that the remarks were “unfortunate.”

“I do not know what purpose the statement serves,” Güngör said, adding that the media should also be sensitive toward the exposure of such statements.

“This is a statement that could upset around 3.5 to 4 million people,” Güngör said. “We believe that the press should feel the responsibility of that as well, and should look better into these things before publishing them.”

Kaya told the Daily News that his remarks had been taken out of context, with news reports “fixating on autism.”

“The message I wished to give was not about autism and atheism, but to highlight that these children cannot communicate, cannot form empathy, live in their own worlds and are isolated. I meant that we should take them out of their isolation with proper therapy methods,” he said.

Kaya said development came in layers and that as autistic children developed further socially and mentally, a dimension of faith would also be developed.

“I meant that they were disabled, in a way, like a hearing disability, because they are not aware of why people believe. I did not say that all autistic people are atheists,” Kaya said, adding that faith would “normally” exist in kids.

Therapy sessions 'to make believers’

Kaya also said they would turn autistic children into believers through sessions that would be offered for free at therapy centers in the future.

The sessions, which have been confirmed by the Culture Houses of Adana’s Yüreğir Municipality, are set to start in June and will be able to serve over 30 children. The same houses will also offer further therapy sessions for children with disabilities.

When asked whether or not the houses aimed at turning autistic children into believers, a Culture House official confirmed the matter, but Kaya denied such objectives.

“Every child understands when you tell him or her to fear God, but an autistic child will not,” Kaya told the Daily News. “Once he starts to develop normally, belief will come in time. We do not have the idea of creating a section for faith in their brains.”

Ed there is this thing called google you goofball.

I like to keep things simple. Figure that without the sun we are all doomed so I personally give thanks to the giant burning star in the sky. What does that make me? What is a sun worshipper?

Oh snap google strikes again. I think I just found what religion I could be;

Universalistic Sun Worship is a religion, in which the followers adhere to the 6 principles of Universalistic Sun Worship.

1. The existence of god is impossible to prove (or disprove) and impossible for a human to comprehend its true form; therefore, we give thanks to things we can understand. We praise the Sun and the Earth for providing us with life and sustenance.

2. The Sun is the source of life on Earth. It provides humanity with food (through farms), shelter (through trees), warmth (through electromagnetic radiation) and it allowed star dust to combine and form the rock know as the Earth (through gravity). So we give thanks to the Sun, every day.

3. The Earth, being the second most important object for humanity's survival, so it must be protected and maintained for as long as humanity calls Earth home. We also give thanks to the Earth daily.

4. Humans and animals act based on their beliefs and instincts and since humans have no control over their beliefs or instincts, therefore Universalistic Sun Worshiper believes that all living creatures go to heaven (or some sort of afterlife), are reborn into a new life form, or just die and rot in the Earth. Since it is impossible to know which one is true, it is up to each individual follower to decide which one they believe is true.

5. The Great Hierarchy must be followed.

The Great Hierarchy is as follows: The Sun-The Biosphere-Humanity-Animal Life

The Great Hierarchy generally works as follows: if the Sun is threatened then all things below it must do what is in their power to protect it (although this highly unlikely as the sun is the more powerful then everything currently below it). Next would be the Biosphere. If it is threatened then the Humanity must do what is needed to protect it, even if that means the death of some, but never all, of Humanity. Finally, if humanity is threatened, including a single member, then any number of animals can be killed in order to save its life (although killing in excess should be avoided).

6. All religions are created equally and since any or all of them maybe the true religion of god (if there is a god), then no human can rightly say that a religion is bad or wrong. With the exception of religions that have the consequences of the destruction of the Biosphere, the Sun, or human lives.

http://www.urbandict...p&defid=2604794

Ed there is this thing called google you goofball.

I think I just found what religion you could be;

Universalistic Sun Worship is a religion, in which the followers adhere to the 6 principles of Universalistic Sun Worship.

1. The existence of god is impossible to prove (or disprove) and impossible for a human to comprehend its true form; therefore, we give thanks to things we can understand. We praise the Sun and the Earth for providing us with life and sustenance.

2. The Sun is the source of life on Earth. It provides humanity with food (through farms), shelter (through trees), warmth (through electromagnetic radiation) and it allowed star dust to combine and form the rock know as the Earth (through gravity). So we give thanks to the Sun, every day.

3. The Earth, being the second most important object for humanity's survival, so it must be protected and maintained for as long as humanity calls Earth home. We also give thanks to the Earth daily.

4. Humans and animals act based on their beliefs and instincts and since humans have no control over their beliefs or instincts, therefore Universalistic Sun Worshiper believes that all living creatures go to heaven (or some sort of afterlife), are reborn into a new life form, or just die and rot in the Earth. Since it is impossible to know which one is true, it is up to each individual follower to decide which one they believe is true.

5. The Great Hierarchy must be followed.

The Great Hierarchy is as follows: The Sun-The Biosphere-Humanity-Animal Life

The Great Hierarchy generally works as follows: if the Sun is threatened then all things below it must do what is in their power to protect it (although this highly unlikely as the sun is the more powerful then everything currently below it). Next would be the Biosphere. If it is threatened then the Humanity must do what is needed to protect it, even if that means the death of some, but never all, of Humanity. Finally, if humanity is threatened, including a single member, then any number of animals can be killed in order to save its life (although killing in excess should be avoided).

6. All religions are created equally and since any or all of them maybe the true religion of god (if there is a god), then no human can rightly say that a religion is bad or wrong. With the exception of religions that have the consequences of the destruction of the Biosphere, the Sun, or human lives.

http://www.urbandict...p&defid=2604794

I like it. Who's up for church on Sundays.... At the beach.

Hey fair enough. It describes you too, Scott Hartnell's Mane?

Care to explain that little gibe? It describes me too...I've never been a social guy...never had many real life friends...hardly speak to anyone who isn't offline unless it's at my job...and religion deserves to be bashed...it's nothing but mind control (read money control) and doesn't assist in the evolution of our species but acts as an obstruction. Superstitious hokum for people afraid of the dark.

Care to explain that little gibe? It describes me too...I've never been a social guy...never had many real life friends...hardly speak to anyone who isn't offline unless it's at my job...and religion deserves to be bashed...it's nothing but mind control (read money control) and doesn't assist in the evolution of our species but acts as an obstruction. Superstitious hokum for people afraid of the dark.

I sincerely wish people would just leave this stuff alone, maaan.

If someone wants to believe in god, let em believe in god. If some turbo Christian knocks at your door expecting your wallet or your soul, don't answer.

If someone doesn't want to believe in god, who cares? If some awkward atheist with really awful taste in music goes to your favourite forum and spams hatespeech with a wide brush, just close the thread.

Why do people only communicate in extremes?

You clowns ain't got no sensitivity.

Live and let live

I sincerely wish people would just leave this stuff alone, maaan.

If someone wants to believe in god, let em believe in god. If some turbo Christian knocks at your door expecting your wallet or your soul, don't answer.

If someone doesn't want to believe in god, who cares? If some awkward atheist with really awful taste in music goes to your favourite forum and spams hatespeech with a wide brush, just close the thread.

Why do people only communicate in extremes?

You clowns ain't got no sensitivity.

Live and let live

Archived