The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Atheism is a form of Autism

Stefan

you like to shove your aggressive opinions down throats, while condescending to par-for-the-course lows with the suggestion that your opinions are the result of your intellect, and anyone who disagrees just doesn't match up

if someone humours you a bit and gives you a bit of sarcasm in response, or they match your intensity, maybe it's not trolling so much as it's just making light of your intense ways of communicating

I handled his personality just fine. He had strong opinions on important matters. Not sure what the problem was so long as you read his posts in that frame of reference. He had little patience for ignorance but i rarely provoked him in that regard so had correspondingly little issue with him.

"humors you a bit"...oh you mean like your snide reference in the TV thread about "lecherous individuals that tune into a TV show just to gaze at an attractive celebrity"? In what universe is that supposed to be humoring me. You know what...I've actually changed quite a bit...my attitude is not anywhere near as belligerent as it used to be, I'm taking very careful steps to avoid telling people that they themselves are wrong for believing what they believe, instead questioning the belief itself..I make light hearted comments and I have been very respectful in a lot of my responses in the last few months since I came back from suspension. You have this uncanny propensity to find whatever thread I'm posting in and offer the two cents that I didn't ask for. I'm sorry, but that's just a little bit grating. I have no personal issues with you man. I really want to try to get along with everyone without relapsing into the cynical sardonic asshole I have been in the past. I've mellowed myself..I try to enhance threads with information and personal experiences and to be honest when you attacked me after my cousin died it threw me over the edge for a little bit. I will never forget what a churl you were that day. It is etched in my memory. After this post right here if you feel like being respectful in your ribbing and mellow out on the trolling me..even though you just said that you don't do that...whatever you call it...it's trolling. I'm going to do my best not to be dragged into a pointless argument with anonymous users situated thousands of miles away from me. It's not good for my blood pressure and it really makes no logical sense doing so.

Different strokes...for different folks...so because Sharp had a fondness for macabre artwork that somehow makes him UNQUALIFIED to discuss those issues? Is that what you're telling me? As far as the music is concerned...why do you feel it's any of your business..and why do you feel it's necessary to play CDC psychotherapist in relation to music styles? People's music preferences change. My own taste ranges from classical to jazz to blues to 1950s doo-wop to 1960s-70s classic rock, acid rock, psychedelic rock, progressive rock, etc...to classic reggae to Phish to the Dead to 90s thrash metal to viking metal like Amon Amarth to Manowar to Slayer then back again...it's called refining your taste in music...if you sit and listen to the same crap over and over again it gets boring and you get to the point you don't want to hear ANY music. Back to the original point...in no way should Sharp's (or ANYONE'S) preference of decoration or music preference EVER preclude them from taking part in a discussion. Everyone's opinion is valid until their frame of reference expires. I for example discuss politics in small town america...because I LIVE in small town America...and I find it pretty amusing how many people outside of this country take such a vested interest in what's going on down here especially when it doesn't affect them where they are. People really need to mind their own business.

i said a person who tunes in to a show week in, week out just to stare at a female celebrity is lecherous. i have no idea if you do that. how would i know if you do that? how is it trolling you if i make a general comment like that? if you do that, then yeah, i'm calling you lecherous. i have no idea if you do that, and frankly i'd rather not know.

I like you SHM cuz you smoke weed and everything, but what you just said was untrue.

Sharpshooter had a habit of bullying whenever he got into a debate with other members. Him and this bertuzzibabe were the worst. They would double team members who wouldnt agree with their veiws. Im glad those two are banned.

Wow that was a pretty level headed for shaprie, if he could maintain that level of composure I wouldn't mid seeing him return. I always agreed with most of his ideas, just didn't like the way he belittled people while presenting them. Regardless of how right he was, being condescending always served to take away from his argument.

You know, the problem with this study is pretty simple. I allegedly lack the ability to have faith.

As a Canucks fan, this is entirely false. I have faith every year.

- my health study I conducted on my brain.

Archived