The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speculation about what gets people into "heaven" or keeps them out

Harbinger

Which is it. Is it actions or non actions that keep you in or out of heaven. Or is it intentions. If someone does something they hope will be good but kills or hurts someone. Does the intention or the action affect whether they get in or not? Does not doing something when you should have have an effect?. Will god look down on someone who could have helped but didn't?

Just wondering aloud.

Hmmm, but what does it take to get into Never Never Land? Were those Lost Boys chosen for a reason, or was it random happenstance? Is not fighting Captain Hook the same as supporting him?

These questions are just as relevant, if you ask me.

There is a reason the world has so many denominations of the same religion, and this question would probably be a big reason why.

If I murder someone but confess my sins can I be forgiven?

If I steal a chocolate bar or lie to my parents can I still get in to heaven?

If I have premarital sex or masturbate does that mean I am a sinner?

If I have dirty thoughts do I need to seek council?

If I don't take every single word out of the bible seriously and give my life to a god, am I to be damned to hell?

Five questions that, depending on the denomination, will more than likely garner different answers.

Not for lawyers anyways. Pretty sure none of them make it in. I'm sure this is a very common thought for lawyers. A definite denial of heaven would be very healthy when doing things that may be against ones conscience. Not having to answer for immorality and unethical behaviour as a way of thinking must be essential when doing many lawyer jobs.

Archived