The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speculation about what gets people into "heaven" or keeps them out

Harbinger

The thing about lawyers is that they are pretty much the facilitator of evil. That is one of the main reasons there will be none in heaven. The only reason lawyers exist is because there is evil and there is people who want to do wrong to others. Lawyers are the people that work to make those things happen.

There is a reason the world has so many denominations of the same religion, and this question would probably be a big reason why.

If I murder someone but confess my sins can I be forgiven?

If I steal a chocolate bar or lie to my parents can I still get in to heaven?

If I have premarital sex or masturbate does that mean I am a sinner?

If I have dirty thoughts do I need to seek council?

If I don't take every single word out of the bible seriously and give my life to a god, am I to be damned to hell?

Five questions that, depending on the denomination, will more than likely garner different answers.

Bible states that all you have to do is believe/trust that you're a sinner and Jesus Christ died upon the the cross (which is historical fact) for your sins (which is where most people have their skepticism step in) since it's a one & done thing, paid for all sins past, present, and future.

Anything else after that is irrelevant, getting baptised, attending a church, tithing (giving money) is suppose to come naturally supposedly but I've known people who don't do those things.

But then again there's so many denominations of Christianity that it's kind of funny

No lawyer worth his weight in salt is honest. If a lawyer is any good it's because he can twist the truth and the lies so that they are intertwined and inseparable. Remember there wouldn't be a reason for either of the lawyers in a case if people weren't trying to cause harm to someone or something else.

No lawyer worth his weight in salt is honest. If a lawyer is any good it's because he can twist the truth and the lies so that they are intertwined and inseparable. Remember there wouldn't be a reason for either of the lawyers in a case if people weren't trying to cause harm to someone or something else.

If the allegorical heaven turns out to be real and it's been infiltrated by scumbags like Pat Robertson and the Westboro clan...I'll gladly take the elevator to the ground floor. I can't stand being around them now...so why on earth would I want to spend eternity with them...their heaven...my hell...Punch my ticket South jack I'm not dealing with their ignorant and intolerant BS for all eternity.

Archived