#1 TIGER SINGH

TIGER SINGH

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

POPULAR

I just wanted to thank Roberto Luongo for making me a fan of the Canucks. One day I decided to watch a Canucks game, in that game Roberto was making a lot of saves and he excited me with his big saves, ever since then I've been watching the Canucks play regularly. Anyways, some people think it may be the end of Luongo in Vancouver. People seem to have forgotten that he's our franchise player, who's gonna replace his poster outside Rogers Arena?

If he does in fact get traded, I'm sure his fans will wanna see him play some more games in the blue and green. Play Luongo against the Oilers.
Why?
-Risk of Schneider getting injured
-Possible last regular season game for Luongo
-Luongo wants to play, he's shown that
-And more

The reason why I said regular season is because Schneider is yet unproven in the Playoffs and it's very likely that both goalies will be playing sometime in the post-season.

While some of you say Schneider's more proven then Luongo in the playoffs, did he (Schneider) make 72 saves in his 1st ever Playoff game and still lead his team to victory?

Edited by TIGER SINGH, 24 April 2013 - 08:05 AM.

Posted Image
Thanks -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

#2 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Schneider would replace his poster.... but i agree with starting him but i think vs anaheim and not edmonton
Posted Image

#3 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

Luongo should have Anaheim on Thursday as his last regular season game in a Canucks jersey, at home.

As for the other part of it. Luongo himself is also somewhat unproven in the playoffs, he's had some excellent games but he's also had many terrible ones which seem to happen at the most inopportune times. My prediction is that Schneider might get pulled 1 time if we go more than 2 rounds, otherwise Luongo will not see any action except from the bench.

#4 mcgillnuck

mcgillnuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

I think Lu gets the Anaheim game. Like other have already pointed out, it's likely to be his last home start for the Canucks and right now points don't matter.

Plus it's probably best not to give Schneider too long of a break before the playoffs start.

Props to canuckbuddy for the sig

#5 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

We will play Lu whenever coach V decides too.

Im a huge Lu fan but the winds of change have been blowing through vancity for a couple years now.

Just shut up

#6 centurion

centurion

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Agree 100%....give Luuu Anaheim for potential last home game. Schnieds gets Edmonton as a wram-up to the playoffs.

If the playoffs turn out to be a grind...might see a chance of Luu playing a game or 2.

#7 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

Hell yeah!
Posted Image

#8 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,258 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

lou vs Anaheim, Cannata vs Edmonton

#9 goalie13

goalie13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

lou vs Anaheim, Cannata vs Edmonton

I would be surprised if it didn't happen this way. They've called the guy up for a couple of meaningless games, why not give him a shot?
Posted Image

#10 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

Agree 100%....give Luuu Anaheim for potential last home game. Schnieds gets Edmonton as a wram-up to the playoffs.

If the playoffs turn out to be a grind...might see a chance of Luu playing a game or 2.

As Schneider is injured and listed as day to day, they will probably sit him out for the final two games to rest him up and give Luo both starts, just my opinion.

Edited by CrippledCanuck, 24 April 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#11 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

It all boils down to a flip of a coin.

#12 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

I agree, it sucks that the last game of the season is in Edmonton though. Considering it might be his last home game, I would opt to have it here against Anaheim instead. Hopefully he can seal it with a W, but either way I have so much appreciation for what he's done for this city quite frankly it wouldn't matter to me.

I'm sure we'll see him in the playoffs at least once or twice though, don't expect Schneider to shoulder the entire load by himself! Especially, considering it's his first season as our starter. It really has been a hard thing to deal with thus far... I'm really gonna miss Lu, but I think it's high time he gets what he deserves- to be a starter on another team. ^_^

Edited by Kesler's Nose, 24 April 2013 - 10:03 AM.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#13 menace

menace

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

Lu is in Cory is injured. The injury is day to day as reported on the Team 1040

#14 jag

jag

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

Well Singh, looks like Lu is the guy as Schneider out with an undisclosed injury.

#15 Apples

Apples

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,565 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

You got what you wanted, Luongo is playing. Possible last game in a Nucks uniform

Posted Image

#16 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,258 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

You got what you wanted, Luongo is playing. Possible last game in a Nucks uniform

he's not gonna wear a canucks uniform while on the bench in the playoffs?

#17 A Skylit Drive

A Skylit Drive

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Man I forgot Luongo made 72 saves. He'll still always be my favorite goalie growing up. I'm only 19
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageRip Luc Bourdon Forever a canuck...

#18 kkari23

kkari23

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

This business does not run emotions, if any GM or Coach do that they will get fired and no longer be GM in NHL. Few years Ago Lu was playing well it was his team now its Cory's turn but few years from now maybe Lack or someone else Never know. All we need is keep winning I am happy regardless who in the net or on the ice.

#19 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Looks like he will be getting the Anaheim game coming up, and maybe Edmonton too if Cory isnt back yet from his day-to-day status!

#20 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Now as fans we discover why having two world class goalies in the teams lineup is a blessing.

#21 Spitfire_Spiky

Spitfire_Spiky

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Give Canata the Start against Edmonton, might as well see what the kid's got.
Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest

#22 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Contrived situation is contrived. I'm glad Gillis found a way to make himself look good again.

Makes bad trade - "oh Cody's parents were annoying and he wanted out"

Cant make a deal in a YEAR - "oh look good thing we have another goalie for these 2 inconsequential games"
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#23 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,258 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Man I forgot Luongo made 72 saves. He'll still always be my favorite goalie growing up. I'm only 19

he's made a bit more than 72 saves over his career...

#24 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,826 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Cannata. Think of how many miles of trash talk we'd get out of our 4th string goalie beating the Oilers

4VbTWQO.gif[/url]

#25 Oh Whisht

Oh Whisht

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

I'm glad Lu is going to play against the Ducks. If it does turn out to be his last game in Vancouver, I think he deserves it, as do his fans.

I've been glad this year to have two good goalies, and while I realize it's not fair to either, it is nice to have that depth.

#26 Kesheniel

Kesheniel

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

I just wanted to thank Roberto Luongo for making me a fan of the Canucks. One day I decided to watch a Canucks game, in that game Roberto was making a lot of saves and he excited me with his big saves, ever since then I've been watching the Canucks play regularly. Anyways, some people think it may be the end of Luongo in Vancouver. People seem to have forgotten that he's our franchise player, who's gonna replace his poster outside Rogers Arena?

If he does in fact get traded, I'm sure his fans will wanna see him play some more games in the blue and green. Play Luongo against the Oilers.
Why?
-Risk of Schneider getting injured
-Possible last regular season game for Luongo
-Luongo wants to play, he's shown that
-And more

The reason why I said regular season is because Schneider is yet unproven in the Playoffs and it's very likely that both goalies will be playing sometime in the post-season.

While some of you say Schneider's more proven then Luongo in the playoffs, did he (Schneider) make 72 saves in his 1st ever Playoff game and still lead his team to victory?

If anything he should play against the Ducks so that Schnieds can have more momentum going into the playoffs. Also, the Sedins are our franchise player(s) much more so than he is. Schnieds has just as much of a chance to get injured vs any other team, including the playoff teams we will face, as he does against Edmonton, so I'm not sure how that is a good reason to give Luongo the start.

#27 Kesheniel

Kesheniel

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

he's made a bit more than 72 saves over his career...

He meant in one game... lol.

#28 TIGER SINGH

TIGER SINGH

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

If anything he should play against the Ducks so that Schnieds can have more momentum going into the playoffs. Also, the Sedins are our franchise player(s) much more so than he is. Schnieds has just as much of a chance to get injured vs any other team, including the playoff teams we will face, as he does against Edmonton, so I'm not sure how that is a good reason to give Luongo the start.

Schneider's injured tho
Posted Image
Thanks -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

#29 Kesheniel

Kesheniel

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Schneider's injured tho

I didnt know he was injured at the time of posting that.

#30 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

I hope Lu has an amazing game tomorrow.
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.