The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Play Luongo against Edmonton?

TIGER SINGH

I just wanted to thank Roberto Luongo for making me a fan of the Canucks. One day I decided to watch a Canucks game, in that game Roberto was making a lot of saves and he excited me with his big saves, ever since then I've been watching the Canucks play regularly. Anyways, some people think it may be the end of Luongo in Vancouver. People seem to have forgotten that he's our franchise player, who's gonna replace his poster outside Rogers Arena?

If he does in fact get traded, I'm sure his fans will wanna see him play some more games in the blue and green. Play Luongo against the Oilers.

Why?

-Risk of Schneider getting injured

-Possible last regular season game for Luongo

-Luongo wants to play, he's shown that

-And more

The reason why I said regular season is because Schneider is yet unproven in the Playoffs and it's very likely that both goalies will be playing sometime in the post-season.

While some of you say Schneider's more proven then Luongo in the playoffs, did he (Schneider) make 72 saves in his 1st ever Playoff game and still lead his team to victory?

Luongo should have Anaheim on Thursday as his last regular season game in a Canucks jersey, at home.

As for the other part of it. Luongo himself is also somewhat unproven in the playoffs, he's had some excellent games but he's also had many terrible ones which seem to happen at the most inopportune times. My prediction is that Schneider might get pulled 1 time if we go more than 2 rounds, otherwise Luongo will not see any action except from the bench.

I think Lu gets the Anaheim game. Like other have already pointed out, it's likely to be his last home start for the Canucks and right now points don't matter.

Plus it's probably best not to give Schneider too long of a break before the playoffs start.

I agree, it sucks that the last game of the season is in Edmonton though. Considering it might be his last home game, I would opt to have it here against Anaheim instead. Hopefully he can seal it with a W, but either way I have so much appreciation for what he's done for this city quite frankly it wouldn't matter to me.

I'm sure we'll see him in the playoffs at least once or twice though, don't expect Schneider to shoulder the entire load by himself! Especially, considering it's his first season as our starter. It really has been a hard thing to deal with thus far... I'm really gonna miss Lu, but I think it's high time he gets what he deserves- to be a starter on another team. ^_^

This business does not run emotions, if any GM or Coach do that they will get fired and no longer be GM in NHL. Few years Ago Lu was playing well it was his team now its Cory's turn but few years from now maybe Lack or someone else Never know. All we need is keep winning I am happy regardless who in the net or on the ice.

Archived