The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Play Luongo against Edmonton?

TIGER SINGH

Contrived situation is contrived. I'm glad Gillis found a way to make himself look good again.

Makes bad trade - "oh Cody's parents were annoying and he wanted out"

Cant make a deal in a YEAR - "oh look good thing we have another goalie for these 2 inconsequential games"

I'm glad Lu is going to play against the Ducks. If it does turn out to be his last game in Vancouver, I think he deserves it, as do his fans.

I've been glad this year to have two good goalies, and while I realize it's not fair to either, it is nice to have that depth.

I just wanted to thank Roberto Luongo for making me a fan of the Canucks. One day I decided to watch a Canucks game, in that game Roberto was making a lot of saves and he excited me with his big saves, ever since then I've been watching the Canucks play regularly. Anyways, some people think it may be the end of Luongo in Vancouver. People seem to have forgotten that he's our franchise player, who's gonna replace his poster outside Rogers Arena?

If he does in fact get traded, I'm sure his fans will wanna see him play some more games in the blue and green. Play Luongo against the Oilers.

Why?

-Risk of Schneider getting injured

-Possible last regular season game for Luongo

-Luongo wants to play, he's shown that

-And more

The reason why I said regular season is because Schneider is yet unproven in the Playoffs and it's very likely that both goalies will be playing sometime in the post-season.

While some of you say Schneider's more proven then Luongo in the playoffs, did he (Schneider) make 72 saves in his 1st ever Playoff game and still lead his team to victory?

If anything he should play against the Ducks so that Schnieds can have more momentum going into the playoffs. Also, the Sedins are our franchise player(s) much more so than he is. Schnieds has just as much of a chance to get injured vs any other team, including the playoff teams we will face, as he does against Edmonton, so I'm not sure how that is a good reason to give Luongo the start.

Contrived situation is contrived. I'm glad Gillis found a way to make himself look good again.

Makes bad trade - "oh Cody's parents were annoying and he wanted out"

Cant make a deal in a YEAR - "oh look good thing we have another goalie for these 2 inconsequential games"

Archived