The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dustin Brown's elbow?

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/04/24/court-of-public-opinion-dustin-brown-gordie-howed-jason-pominville/

Brown will indeed have a hearing today.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dustin-brown-takes-jason-pominville-shanaban-coming-video-071955779--nhl.html

The Puck Daddy article for those interested.

Looks to me like Brown waits a little for Pominville to get within the motion of his elbow in order to coldclock him. Sneaky and dirty in my opinion.

I had to sign in for this.

What a dirty piece of sh!t. Both of those hits (vs Roussel and thios one vs Pominville) are perfect examples of what this joker pulls all the time. That this is the first hearing is truly amazing.

Ugh, this leagues discipline and officiating are such piles of crap.

Boggles the frack out of me how Brown didn't sit any games for that hit on Roussel. Clearly the point of contact is the head, and it's blind-side. The frack? What you doin' Shanny?

The hit on Pominville is a ???? elbow, no doubt about it.

This league's discipline is a joke.

Sneaky little elbow. I think it definitely deserves something - it's a headshot straight up.

However, I doubt Shanaban is feeling the pressure on this one. They didn't even have a video of the incident on the NHL.com article about it. Can't let the Kings look bad I guess. He'll get a 2 game wrist-slapper at most.

I've seen Brown do at least half a dozen worse elbows without getting suspended and I don't watch the Kings much. Sure its a dirty hit and completely intentional but I can't see why they would pick that one to suspend. Someone should put together a highlight video of dirty hits by Dustin Brown this season, it would probably run 8 to 10 minutes.

Meh. Players still need to play smart and avoid putting themselves in bad positions and Pominville practically ran his own face into that.

I only have an issue if the striking player elevates his elbow to head level or hits someone already down. Stretching out and and lowerering your head is risky and always puts the head in line to get hit first. What Brown did happens probably every game but players typically take the body and then go for the puck instead of sprawing forward in as they barrell into the player with the puck.

Archived