The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dustin Brown's elbow?

Until Brendan Shanahan gets his head out of his a$s, players will suffer for the inconsistency coming out of the poorly titled Department of Player Safety.

The clear bias and preference for star players in this league is sickening and embarrassing when compared to other sports leagues.

The fact that both the officiating (league wide) has been at an all time low clearly shows that the players safety is nowhere near a priority and that a change will probably only be introduced with a career ending injury.

Let's hope a life doesn't have to be lost.

Until Brendan Shanahan gets his head out of his a$s, players will suffer for the inconsistency coming out of the poorly titled Department of Player Safety.

The clear bias and preference for star players in this league is sickening and embarrassing when compared to other sports leagues.

The fact that both the officiating (league wide) has been at an all time low clearly shows that the players safety is nowhere near a priority and that a change will probably only be introduced with a career ending injury.

Let's hope a life doesn't have to be lost.

I think Shanahan is just a puppet and the real decisions are made based on consequences to league wide revenue.

I would have a lot more respect if it was 3 games - 2 reg season games and game 1 of playoffs

THAT would have been fair.

and then Rome gets 4 games in the SCF lol...what a joke

Suspended for 2 games. Honestly, I don't like Brown, but that play reminds me of Edler's pushback type of hit, except Pominville was looking down at the puck instead of looking to make the check. I just think that's an accident. No denying it's an elbow to the face though, commentator's are idiots.

Sneaky little elbow. I think it definitely deserves something - it's a headshot straight up.

However, I doubt Shanaban is feeling the pressure on this one. They didn't even have a video of the incident on the NHL.com article about it. Can't let the Kings look bad I guess. He'll get a 2 game wrist-slapper at most.

NEW YORK -- Los Angeles Kings forward Dustin Brown has been suspended for two games, without pay, for elbowing Minnesota Wild forward Jason Pominville during NHL Game No. 688 in Minnesota on Tuesday, April 23, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Brown will forfeit $34,324.32. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.

The incident occurred at 10:04 of the second period. No penalty was assessed on the play.

Are you @#$%#%$ kidding me?..... Are you @#$%#%$ kidding me...... What in the fe fi fo #%$@

Archived