The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider injured.

Ourgodluongo

knowing canucks fans... there will be a standing ovation for Luongo.. only half of them are cheering thank god he's finally done in Vancouver.. hate to say it.. but that's just how this city works.. no respect for their own players the moment you don't perform to their standard.. they run you out of town and trash you as hard as they can.. just look at how many ppl on this forum can't just accept the fact that Luongo is a good goalie.. but have to spew out so much hates towards him.. you can't like both goalies eh? unless u win a cup you suck is that it?? last i checked Lunquvist never won a cup.. Miller never won a cup.. Rinne never won a cup.. Rask technically never won a cup.. Hope Schneider does well in the playoff and we have a deep run.. but man.. what happens when he doesnt?

Why is there so much faith in Luongo, it’s baffling, not only that but all the so call Luo lovers expect the Canucks to loose unless Luongo is in net. It’s like they somehow believe that he is the only goalie in the world that can carry their team to a cup is Luongo. How many comments were made before the Blackhawks game “Canucks lose unless luongo’s in net” Guess what we won, and we didn’t even have to rely too heavily on our goalie to do it. It’s pathetic where all this belief that Luongo is the greatest and only he can win mentality comes from, what has he ever done to earn this blind faith? Guess what Cory Schneider is a good goalie, and could easily be argued to be a better goalie than Luongo. Do you believe in this team or to you just believe in Luongo?

back ups put in a ton of work during practice and game day skates way more than the starter.... to give schneids a true rest and get some sleep in days and take it easy they need to call up cannata and to open a roster spot for cannata they need someone to go on the IR and you cant just put someone on the IR for no reason so they are saying cory has an injury..and any player at the end of the year can pass any ache or pain off as enough excuse to hit the IR. so how much of a rest would schneids get if he had to put in all the back up work at practice and maybe get thrown into a game if Luo gets hurt? none!

Why is there so much faith in Luongo, it’s baffling, not only that but all the so call Luo lovers expect the Canucks to loose unless Luongo is in net. It’s like they somehow believe that he is the only goalie in the world that can carry their team to a cup is Luongo. How many comments were made before the Blackhawks game “Canucks lose unless luongo’s in net” Guess what we won, and we didn’t even have to rely too heavily on our goalie to do it. It’s pathetic where all this belief that Luongo is the greatest and only he can win mentality comes from, what has he ever done to earn this blind faith? Guess what Cory Schneider is a good goalie, and could easily be argued to be a better goalie than Luongo. Do you believe in this team or to you just believe in Luongo?

Good God there are some stupid and deluded people in Vancouver. Saying that Schneider will have to lead us to a Cup or share the same fate as Luongo is asinine; if we lose, even in the first round, and Schneider continues to play nothing but games in the .920-,930 region of save % you simply cannot blame him for the loss. We will have lost DESPITE his best efforts. The problem with Lou is that for every couple of good games he would have he would cough up an .880 stinker and THAT'S what most critics of Lou are upset about. Even when we were unable to score Lou was playing terribly, at least as badly as the rest of the team and with the hype that he has had over the years that means that he has underachieved, not just once but many times in the last 6 years and many of those times were in the very most important games. If Cory gets blown out 8-3 and has a .864 save % in a huge game then sure go ahead and lambaste him but I doubt there is anybody here (that is sane at least) that thinks that is really going to happen on any consistent basis.

I am starting to think that Cory is suffering from a groin injury.

He has had many severe cramps where remember he could not finish the game against Chicago 2 years ago due to those.

He had the flu a few weeks ago was not even dressed.

When Lou played Detroit and was lit for 8 goals this year couldn t put Schneider in cause he was sick.

Starting to wonder if Schneider could play a full season and playoffs.

We are going to need a good backup for the years to come.

I have heard and read such descriptions of Luongo as -

Elite.

World class

Generational talent

Top 3/5/10 in the NHL

Best goalie on the planet (though not mentioned for quite a while)

Future Hall of Famer

These are the only truly outlandish adjectives/phrases to describe Luongo. Some of them may have been true at one time, but none of them are true today. If Luongo wanted more respect, perhaps he should've lived up to one of these billings rather than doing his best Dan Cloutier impersonation at crucial times during the playoffs every year.

If Schneider doesn't win the cup we already know where the negativity will come from and how it will be fabricated. A few of the Lu only fans have been trying to force us to turn on Cory all season. It didn't work but it was amusing to watch the hypocrisy.

For most fans, one season will not make or break Schneider. Just like Lu wasn't soured on after he just got here. Not sure if you guys got to the party late, but Luongo was a well loved goalie in this town for many many years. Schneider won't be turned on so fast no matter how much you want it to happen.

The big difference that I see from most of those that want Schneider to start is because they feel he gives us the best chance to win. I personally would have had no problem if Lu suddenly returned to 2007 form and make me wrong. I don't want Cory in for some obscure wanna win on the net reason.

Even his skeptics will come to miss him when he leaves, they just don't realize it yet b/c they're too busy looking at him as a scapegoat, particularly over the Boston series. And sure, he had a few rough outings there, but guess what, that's not going to be the x-factor when when your team scores 8 goals in 7 games. You don't win a series with that kind of offense and Luongo took too much heat for what was more of a team problem. How much does the guy have to do to satisfy the critics? Score goals when the team is coming up empty? Not going to happen.

Oh trust me dude this city will. I would never have thought the fans would turn on Luongo but they have. And you better get ready because if/when Lu goes, and Cory is kept over him, if he does not produce, he will be turned on so fast and on the team. Fans will be looking back on this move if it we still don't win the cup.

Schneider is going to be under more pressure and bigger microscope than Luongo because he is the guy that will be taking over. Remember Luongo is not retiring, he is only 34, he is going to go to another team and will give them solid goal tending and depending on the team he will give them a chance in the playoffs.

So lets see if we keep the right goalie.

If Schneider doesn't win the cup we already know where the negativity will come from and how it will be fabricated. A few of the Lu only fans have been trying to force us to turn on Cory all season. It didn't work but it was amusing to watch the hypocrisy.

For most fans, one season will not make or break Schneider. Just like Lu wasn't soured on after he just got here. Not sure if you guys got to the party late, but Luongo was a well loved goalie in this town for many many years. Schneider won't be turned on so fast no matter how much you want it to happen.

The big difference that I see from most of those that want Schneider to start is because they feel he gives us the best chance to win. I personally would have had no problem if Lu suddenly returned to 2007 form and make me wrong. I don't want Cory in for some obscure wanna win on the net reason.

You know I really tired of this excuse; the offence wasn’t there, blah blah blah.

What is a goalies job? Stop the pucks, keep your team in the game long enough to give them a chance to win. Luongo failed at this in games 3,4,6,7 in the biggest series of his life. You can argue all you want that the team didn’t score but IF you’ve ever played the sport you realize that climbing a hill of 0-0 is much easier to climb then 4-0, especially when the other team’s goalie is playing good. Momentum is so key in hockey, and when a team scores 3 goals on the first 10 shots you lose all motivation, everything you worked hard to earn is gone. In a zero, zero game anything can happen a lucky bounce here or there and your team wins. Luongo didn’t do his job. Look back at the last 3 games in last year’s series, Quick didn’t win the games, he kept his team in the game though, long enough to get the lucky bounce.

Canucks got outscored 20-7 or whatever in the finals, so what, even if we score 10 more goals in the series we still would have lost, why because are star player came completely unravelled in 4 of the most important games. If we lost every game 1-0 then have at it, offence didn’t show up, but when we get blown out every game it’s a different story.

Luongo played light out in games 1,2 & 5. He needed to do the same for one more game in that series. Blame the other players all you want but, who was the team super star? Who was getting paid 10 million to be this superstar? Who was the one player that this team should expect to play big, night in and night out, especially in the biggest games. Well he only did that for 3/7 games in the finals. He played good less than 50% of the games. He put the pressure on himself by signing a huge contract, unfortunately he didn’t live up to when all eyes were on him.

How delusional do you have to get? For the last time, I'll repeat what I said: it's a TEAM game. The whole team stank is what I'm saying. Blame the team, not just Luongo. I didn't say Luongo wasn't a part of the team, just that he doesn't deserve to be a scapegoat. You're just trying to find excuses to torch one guy over a team game. In those 4 games where we got blown out, not all of them were a direct result of Luongo's goaltending. It has as much to do with the defense in front of it, at least.

And while I said he's a really good goalie, I never claimed that he was worth his contract. That said, he definitely contributes to our team in a positive way. Oh, and the cap hit is actually 5.33 mill, I don't get why ppl keep bringing up the 10 mill salary. That's for the AQUILINIS to worry about folks, the only thing concerning us is the CAP HIT. Got it? Sheesh.

The cap hit has nothing to do with how people, fans of vancouver and fans of other teams view Luongo. When your highest paid player in the league you are expected to play like the highest paid player. Cap hit or not. Which luongo didn't, he cost the team 4 of 7 games. His pay check put a target on his back. When Ovechkin was only putting up 65 points in a year, people were all over him. Cap value means nothing to amount pressure. If you haven't notice his pay checks get significantly smaller at the end. Why is that? Why didn't they only start at 7 and get lower to 3. oh that right because value isn't worth that much. Why does Schneider Pay check rise. Oh yes because he's expected to get better. "But, but... his cap hit is only 5.3" Are you telling me Luongo is expected to play at the same level in 6 years as he did in his prime just because his cap hit is the same? haha. I laugh at that notion. Use your head.

The cap hit has nothing to do with how people, fans of vancouver and fans of other teams view Luongo. When your highest paid player in the league you are expected to play like the highest paid player. Cap hit or not. Which luongo didn't, he cost the team 4 of 7 games.

The cap hit has nothing to do with how people, fans of vancouver and fans of other teams view Luongo. When your highest paid player in the league you are expected to play like the highest paid player. Cap hit or not. Which luongo didn't, he cost the team 4 of 7 games. His pay check put a target on his back. When Ovechkin was only putting up 65 points in a year, people were all over him. Cap value means nothing to amount pressure. If you haven't notice his pay checks get significantly smaller at the end. Why is that? Why didn't they only start at 7 and get lower to 3. oh that right because value isn't worth that much. Why does Schneider Pay check rise. Oh yes because he's expected to get better. "But, but... his cap hit is only 5.3" Are you telling me Luongo is expected to play at the same level in 6 years as he did in his prime just because his cap hit is the same? haha. I laugh at that notion. Use your head.

Sedins make more than Luongo.

Kesler makes 300,000 dollars less than Luongo,as does Edler.

Bieksa,Garrison and Hamhuis all make over $4.5m .Ballard makes $4.2 and Booth makes $4.25 million.

Blaming Luongo for a contract Gillis signed and saddled the team with is 100% Gillis' gig and "FAULT".

Rome-suspended -longest suspension in NHL playoff history for an open ice check.

Bieksa slashed with a two hander by Boychuk on the knee and played with pre-game injections.MCL damaged.No call.

Ehrhoff was injured in the San Jose series and was playing on pre-game injections.

Hamhuis was out of the finals with his hip injury.

Edler played with back problems and played the last 2,almost 3 games with two broken fingers on one hand from Peverly's slash.No call.

Salo-groin tear.

Alberts-undisclosed but playing injured.

That was just the Canucks defence.The Canucks and Luongo played with all of his top d men out or seriously injured.

Raymond-can opened and broke his back(surgery and life threatening injury). No call.

Kesler -groin tear and hip problems(both required surgery).

Higgins-broken foot.

Henrik Sedin-back problems from being continuously cross checked below the padding.

Samuelsson out since round 2.

The Bruins made the NHL look like a "garbage league" (as Mario Lenieux rightly pointed out all those years ago) and I have no idea how Luo and the Canucks got to a game 7 with what they were facing.Officiating completely sucked against violent opponents that were not penalised for their actions.

There is no way Luo or any Canuck should ever,ever be blamed for the game 7 loss.It is a miracle they made it there in the first place.Anybody blaming Luo or any Canuck for the finals loss sucks the big one-big time.

You know I really tired of this excuse; the offence wasn’t there, blah blah blah.

What is a goalies job? Stop the pucks, keep your team in the game long enough to give them a chance to win. Luongo failed at this in games 3,4,6,7 in the biggest series of his life. You can argue all you want that the team didn’t score but IF you’ve ever played the sport you realize that climbing a hill of 0-0 is much easier to climb then 4-0, especially when the other team’s goalie is playing good. Momentum is so key in hockey, and when a team scores 3 goals on the first 10 shots you lose all motivation, everything you worked hard to earn is gone. In a zero, zero game anything can happen a lucky bounce here or there and your team wins. Luongo didn’t do his job. Look back at the last 3 games in last year’s series, Quick didn’t win the games, he kept his team in the game though, long enough to get the lucky bounce.

Canucks got outscored 20-7 or whatever in the finals, so what, even if we score 10 more goals in the series we still would have lost, why because are star player came completely unravelled in 4 of the most important games. If we lost every game 1-0 then have at it, offence didn’t show up, but when we get blown out every game it’s a different story.

Luongo played light out in games 1,2 & 5. He needed to do the same for one more game in that series. Blame the other players all you want but, who was the team super star? Who was getting paid 10 million to be this superstar? Who was the one player that this team should expect to play big, night in and night out, especially in the biggest games. Well he only did that for 3/7 games in the finals. He played good less than 50% of the games. He put the pressure on himself by signing a huge contract, unfortunately he didn’t live up to when all eyes were on him.

Archived