The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider injured.

Ourgodluongo

Apollo i'm done arguing with you about Loungo. I get it you think he's this great god and frankly arguing with someone who closes their eyes to every flaw isn't worth my time. Soon Luongo will be traded and we wont have to worry about who cost the team the cup in 2011 because canucks will win it this year with Cory leading the way.

why do people like you keep saying this lol, you're only setting yourselves up for disappointment acting like it's a guarantee we'll win the cup

how about let's start with just getting past the first round this time

?

thats funny since the roster barely changed from year to year? You simply stated that Roy hasek or broduer in there prime couldn't get the panthers into the playoffs and I simply replied showing you that basically the exact same team a year prior made the playoffs. You do realize not all teams are designed to score 6-7 goals a game. some teams are meant to win games buy 1 or two goals. The only way the canucks won the SCF series is if they put up 5-6 goals a games. not the type of team we are. To bad our highest paid player couldn't do his job in the games we lost. Your so blinded by you love for him. I wish you had the opportunity to ask him how he felt about his play in that series. What would his answer be? "Yeah um to bad our team couldn't score a goal" haha think again he'd blame himself.

You said it win game BY one or two goals, NOT with scoring one or two. Can you name me just one team that have won something with probably the worst goal for average(1.14) on 7 games? We only scored more than 2 goals one time and it was 3 during a game we won in OT. Before the SCF we had a GFA of 2,78, we scored less than twice in the Finals and you except us to win something, even if Luongo have been terrible in few games we shouldn't have went to an ultimate game #7.

If there is a team that is know to win games without according goals its the New Jersey Devils, they've lost in 5 and they had a 1,75 GFA, would you blame Brodeur for their lost in 5, I'm sure you won't.

Great you understand stats but do you understand the sport and what it's like to play. I'll paste this again:

Take a look at earlier this season when Canucks Lost to the Oilers 4-0. Canucks had let in 4 goals go in on 5 shots. What happened? Did our offence not show up that game? Is that why we lost? I mean our team got shutout. Do you not think that perhaps if our goalies stopped the first 5 shots, the game would have ended up different and we possibly would have scored a goal? Early/week goals change the way a team plays the rest of the game?

Once a team has a two or three goal lead it becomes easy to trap and take away any offence, perhaps, if we had some solid goaltending we could have scored hung in the game and score a few more goals, enough to win.

I'm done with this argument, it's not 2011 anymore, this years playoffs are about to start and canucks have as good as chance as ever. Fingers crossed to getting some first round revenge on the Kings.

Great you understand stats but do you understand the sport and what it's like to play. I'll paste this again:

Take a look at earlier this season when Canucks Lost to the Oilers 4-0. Canucks had let in 4 goals go in on 5 shots. What happened? Did our offence not show up that game? Is that why we lost? I mean our team got shutout. Do you not think that perhaps if our goalies stopped the first 5 shots, the game would have ended up different and we possibly would have scored a goal? Early/week goals change the way a team plays the rest of the game?

Once a team has a two or three goal lead it becomes easy to trap and take away any offence, perhaps, if we had some solid goaltending we could have scored hung in the game and score a few more goals, enough to win.

I'm done with this argument, it's not 2011 anymore, this years playoffs are about to start and canucks have as good as chance as ever. Fingers crossed to getting some first round revenge on the Kings.

Archived