The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider injured.

Ourgodluongo

By "lit up" you're talking about 5 goals. Thomas never let in more than that. When I say "lit up" in terms of Luongo, I'm talking about 7 or 8. Second, its ridiculous to say that Lu's shutouts in the finals were all due to him. Our team was completely focused on defense and limiting scoring chances... that was AV's gameplan from the get-go. They were incredible at doing so during the games in Vancouver. Third, yes Schneider did stop the bleeding during the 5 games Luongo got pulled (2 in Chicago and 3 in Boston). He somehow put up a good 9.15 sv% and 2.58 gaa despite only seeing action when the team in front of him was back on its heels and in complete disarray with the opposition swarming. Somehow, his #'s during these disaster games were even better than Luongo's overall #'s for the entire run (.914 sv% and 2.56 gaa). How do you explain that?

ok Brodeur hall of fame goalie, with that stacked team Canada team put up those numbers and was replaced and Luongo who had a 1.75GAA .927 SV%, so clearly he was a difference maker over Brodeur and that is why Babcock made the switch and Lu was kept in for the rest of the tournament.....Brodeur you say had those numbers for whatever reason as an excuse but no credit to Luongo at all.

There was actually a play in the chicago game where i thought it looked like schneider got up kind of gingerly...

I think it was Shaw on a partial breakaway with one of the sedins chasing him and it looked like schneiders left leg went back into the post somewhat awkwardly.

Archived