Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Schneider injured.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
427 replies to this topic

#421 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

Any idea on when he'll return?

#422 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,793 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

In what kind of world are you living? You have to score 3 goals in that league if you want to have chance to win on a regular basis. Named me just ONE team in the NHL history that have won something with a goal for average under 2.00.

And it's easier to mount that offence when you aren't playing from behind do to your goalie giving the other team freebies.

TRad-N.gif

#423 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

We find out if he is on the ice today I guess?? If he is, Schneids starts game 1, if not, well this thread will keep on keepin on with the Lou love/hate relationship posts.

#424 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

By "lit up" you're talking about 5 goals. Thomas never let in more than that. When I say "lit up" in terms of Luongo, I'm talking about 7 or 8. Second, its ridiculous to say that Lu's shutouts in the finals were all due to him. Our team was completely focused on defense and limiting scoring chances... that was AV's gameplan from the get-go. They were incredible at doing so during the games in Vancouver. Third, yes Schneider did stop the bleeding during the 5 games Luongo got pulled (2 in Chicago and 3 in Boston). He somehow put up a good 9.15 sv% and 2.58 gaa despite only seeing action when the team in front of him was back on its heels and in complete disarray with the opposition swarming. Somehow, his #'s during these disaster games were even better than Luongo's overall #'s for the entire run (.914 sv% and 2.56 gaa). How do you explain that?

Don't you know Luongo single-handedly gets shutouts, the team is at fault if he gets scored on.

#425 Saved_by_Jesus

Saved_by_Jesus

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

Per Farhan Lalji's Twitter, Schneider is on the ice for practice today. Three goalies are taking the ice.

#426 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

ok Brodeur hall of fame goalie, with that stacked team Canada team put up those numbers and was replaced and Luongo who had a 1.75GAA .927 SV%, so clearly he was a difference maker over Brodeur and that is why Babcock made the switch and Lu was kept in for the rest of the tournament.....Brodeur you say had those numbers for whatever reason as an excuse but no credit to Luongo at all.

Why should Brodeur's horrible numbers reflect on Luongo at all? Every goalie and every player goes through uncharacteristic slumps and Brodeur definately was going through one of those during those first couple games of the olympics. It happens. When it does, you change the goalie. I admit that Luongo on an average day is better than Brodeur on his worst day. But we have to hold Luongo to a higher standard than just being able to outplay a guy putting up a .867 sv%. Its just stupid to be bragging 3 years later that Luongo was able to put up a higher sv% than .867.

#427 Cpt_scary

Cpt_scary

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

There was actually a play in the chicago game where i thought it looked like schneider got up kind of gingerly...
I think it was Shaw on a partial breakaway with one of the sedins chasing him and it looked like schneiders left leg went back into the post somewhat awkwardly.

called it

#428 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

called it

Grats?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.