The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who do you want the Canucks to face in Round 1?

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Round 1 Opponent  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If it's down to LA, STL and SJS - I'd take SJS any day of the week.

Health: SJS has been incredibly healthy this yr. Unfortunately, Canucks had the opposite luck. But it also means SJS has never played a even close to healthy Canuck team this yr - they haven't even seen Kesler all season They've never played against Roy. Raymond, Bieksa, Ballard, Booth, Kassian have all missed games against SJS - yet SJS's iced an almost perfectly healthy team every game. So it's not surprising they've beat Canucks in the season series. Essentially, if Nucks get SJS in 1st round - they'd have Kesler, Roy, and Bieksa as new additions. Meanwhile, SJS is without 2 tougher guys in Clowe/Murray - and they only add Torres.

Goaltending: Unfortunately, Schneider has a .899 SV% in 3 games against SJS this yr. That's, ugh, ugly in a small sample size. Meanwhile, Niemi has a .942 SV% . against Van. Perhaps they let Lu play the 1st round? He had a .932 SV% against them in 2011 playoffs.

Officiaitng: SJS's been given more PP opps' than Van in the season series (14 - 12). They also did in the 2011 playoffs as well. So I'd assume it'd be similar in a playoff series this yr.

Give me SJS, I like Van's chances in 5 or 6 games.

It's basically down to the Kings and Sharks. They play each other tomorrow and we'll likely get the loser. The only way for us to play St. Louis is if San Jose beats LA in OT AND St. Louis loses in regulation...pretty slim everything lines up like that.

Anyway, either the Sharks or Kings are intriguing...Sharks are the easier path but it would be great to avenge last year. I'd be glad to dodge the Blues, they've been my pick to win the West for a while, and while I know you have to go through everyone eventually, I'm pretty sure that even if we did beat the Blues in the first round we'd be so banged up we'd be in no shape for the rest of the playoffs.

I want the Kings. I still feel we lost to the Kings last year because Daniel wasn't in the line up. Here's another chance to play against them with even strength. If we can beat the champ in first round, we'll go a long way.

I'd rather face the Kings or Blues than San Jose. Quick hasn't been that great this year, and I feel that with a healthy pair of twins we can beat them. The Blues still lack star power, and shouldn't be too much of a problem. The Sharks got rid of dead weight (especially Murray), which makes them that much better.

Archived