• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Franz Liszt

(Proposal) Cap drop - Series of trades

6 posts in this topic

Here's a series order of my proposed trades. Hopefully you follow along.

To Edmonton: Keith Ballard

To Vancouver: EDM 2013 3rd

-------------------------------------------------------------------

To Colorado: David Booth

To Vancouver: COL 2013 3rd

To Florida: Roberto Luongo, Anton Rodin (RFA) + VAN/COL 2013 3rd

To Vancouver: Nick Bjugstad, Jacob Markstrom (RFA) & Scottie Upshall

To NY Islanders: Scottie Upshall

To Vancouver: NYI 2013 4th

To Ottawa: Jordan Schroeder (RFA) & Yann Sauvé (RFA)

To Vancouver: Patrick Wiercioch (RFA)

To Toronto: VAN/NYI 2013 4th

To Vancouver: Frazer McLaren (RFA)

Re-sign:

Derek Roy - 5 years at $24 million. $4.800 cap hit

Mason Raymond - 2 years at $5 million. $2.500 cap hit

Maxim Lapierre - 2 years at $2 million. $1.000 cap hit

Andrew Alberts - 2 years at $2 million. $1.050 cap hit

Chris Tanev - 2 years at $1.9 million. $0.950 cap hit

Cam Barker - 1 year at $700,000

Dale Weise - 1 year at $650,000

Jacob Markstrom - 2 years (1st year is two-way) at $1.5 million. $0.750 cap hit

Patrick Wiercioch - 2 years at $2.4 million. $1.200 cap hit

Frazer McLaren - 1 year at $675,000

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alex Burrows ------------- 22 - 33 - 14

Chris Higgins - Derek Roy - Ryan Kesler ---------------- 20 - 15 - 17

Mason Raymond - Nick Bjugstad - Jannik Hansen ----- 21 - 7 - 36

Frazer McLaren - Maxim Lapierre - Zack Kassian ------ 24 - 40 - 9

Dale Weise --------------------------------------------------------------------- 32

Dan Hamhuis - Jason Garrison --------------------------------- 2 - 5

Alexander Edler - Kevin Bieksa -------------------------------- 23 - 3

Patrick Wiercioch - Chris Tanev -------------------------------- 6 - 8

Andrew Alberts, Cam Barker --------------------------------------------------- 41 - 18

Cory Schneider & Jacob Markstrom --------------------------- 35 & 31

ANALYSIS:

1st Line: Same old Sedin line. Hopefully can still work their magic for 4-6 more years.

2nd Line: Playmaker between two guys who can shoot, play well defensively. Would be a tough line for any team to play against.

3rd line: Speedy checking line with a young up and coming (and huge) 20-year old as their center.

4th line: Can hit, fight, play well defensively with some added scoring touch.

1st D-pair: We know how the Hamhuis Garrison pairing had worked. Very well.

2nd D-pair: Edler and Bieksa is more the offensive defense, but they have started to click defensively.

3rd D-pair: Patrick Wiercioch at 6'5 210 is good guy to have of your 3rd pair because he is huge and like to hit. He should be used on the 2nd power play unit because of his bomb of a shot. We know what we get with a healthy Tanev.

Goalies: Schneider looks ready to take over as starter for a whole season. Having Markstrom backing Cory up and having Jacob on a much better team than Florida would help his developement and make his value rise.

I don't know that any of those trades happen, certainly not the Luongo one or Ballard. Most likely not the Booth one or the others as well. Tanev will be worth a little bit more as well, same with Lapierre if he has a good playoffs. I doubt we bring back both Alberts and Barker as well, but it'll depend on what happens with our depth once Ballard is moved I guess.

these trades are bad dude.

1. Edmonton wont give up their 2nd rounder for Ballard, he more worth a 4th

2. this one might happen

3. Fla says hell no. they wouldn't trade Bjustad for Lu, so add those wont help

4. bad karma to trade a player right after you get him. and i dont think NYI want him. hes not exactly a good player

5. and 6. i dont know who those are so im not going to comment.

we dont need Markstrom, we have Lack coming up and Markstrom is apparently the panthers franchise goaltender when hes actually not that great.

dont quit your day job those proposals were garbage

Edmonton could use Ballard as they have the opposite problem to what we do (all righties in their d-corp) but I wouldn't expect them to give up anything to get him considering his contract and our cap situation

It'd be interesting to get an Avs fan's take on this one. I'm sure a few years ago they'd be all over this deal but not so sure at this point.

Florida deal is outrageous. I'm thinking that perhaps you see Upshall's contract is why they can justify giving up two extremely good players but if he were as easy to get rid of the method you suggest I feel as though they would just do that rather than giving up Markstrom and Bjugstad

Wiercioch would be a nice pick up for us but I don't think either one of the players you suggest would be very appealing to Ottawa as they already have a better version of Schroeder in Conacher and Sauve hasn't looked extremely promising since getting hit by a car (which is really unfortunate...)

McLaren is someone who the Leafs picked up on who fits really well into Carlyle's system. I don't see them being that willing to give him up and I don't see Gillis trading a fourth round pick for a waiver wire player. There will be other similar players available next year whether it be through waivers or free agency. No need to lose a draft choice.